Notify stream Audio channels

sambarlick
Go to solution Solved by chef,

sambarlick

Hi,

Is there a way currently to have emby server notify another service of the stream Audio channels? Currently a notification can be sent when something is being played but there i can't find a way of including the stream details besides the title.

Last year I switched to emby from Plex, and using Tautulli I was able to access the stream details such as the audio channels.

I have recently discovered Home Assistant (HA) and been able to successfully connect emby to HA. I was hoping to see the stream details in HA but can only see the title the same information that emby server sends out.

I am trying to create an automation script that switches my audio receiver to either stereo or surround depending on the stream in emby. I was able to do this in Plex utilising Tautulli.

Thanks,

Sam

@chef

@rechigo

• 2 months later...

Currently a notification can be sent 

Hi, what notifications are you receiving?

sambarlick
6 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, what notifications are you receiving?

Only the title of the media playing and the user.

chef

Have you looked at the Session endpoints of the API?

I'll do a little bit if digging here to see if there is anything that can used in the playback data of the session info.

sambarlick
1 hour ago, chef said:

Have you looked at the Session endpoints of the API?

I'll do a little bit if digging here to see if there is anything that can used in the playback data of the session info.

I have no idea about APIs other than they are what is needed... 

Even if the information can't be sent through the webhooks, I can use the standard notification services, but it seems that it is not possible at the moment for the session information to be sent.

• Solution
chef

Well, perhaps we could build a quick plugin which monitors playback to a certain device and then acts upon the media info.

Does your receiver accept http requests to control it or something? How are you switching the audio type in the receiver?

Maybe, if you have time to PM me the setup info I could write something that could handle the control.