Live TV not available on Emby Premier with Next PVR 5 plugin

madlec
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

madlec

Hi, 

I'm not sure whether this is an Emby Premier issue or a Next PVR plugin issue, most likely user error.... 

I have recently upgraded to Premier and installed the plugin, but I can only access and play recordings, the Live TV option isn't appearing on the Emby Home Screen. I have the latest version of the plugin, and the latest version of Next PVR 5. Both Emby Server and Next PVR are running on the same machine, and I have tried reconfiguring the Next PVR plugin to reflect the IP address of the server rather than "localhost". Apart from that, the rest of the settings are default. (port, and PIN)

I have triggered an update to the TV Guide Data and looked in the Emby Server logs (attached), and I can see it is communicating with Next PVR and pulling data.

Does anyone know what I have missed? 

Thanks

arrbee99

Just to check, you have NextPVR plugin 3.6.0.0 ?

You seem to have forgotten to actually attach any logs.

arrbee99

Can't think of much really.

You said you have something like this -

5ec2f98202110_EmbyNextPVRbaseurlV5.jpg

I guess NextPVR is fully working - it plays stuff and has a guide ?

Other than that, its usually just updating the guide in Emby (under Scheduled Tasks), generally just after NextPVR has updated its guide, which defaults to 2.44am for me. Just refreshing and restarting whatever you can think of.

madlec

Yep, that's basically it.

I am using Next PVR via its own website at the moment, nut wanted to tie it in with Emby. I have restarted the Emby server a few times since installing the plugin, and also the Next PVR service.

arrbee99

And yet Live TV doesn't show up under My Media or on the home screen at all.

Have you looked under Settings > Home Screen to see its enabled under one of the Home Screen sections ? I imagine it would appear automatically though.

Or under Users > your account > Profile and hence Feature Access 'Allow Live TV access'. Again I imagine it would default to allowed though.

Other than that, probably need a dev like @@Luke or @@sub3 or @@emveepee to hopefully have a look (hope I got those names correct).

• Solution

Have you checked that your Emby user is granted permission to Live TV features?

• Like 1

emveepee

How may channels do you have?  Emby database loading from NextPVR is very inefficient and can easily take 10 minutes or longer even with my 200 channels.  It is meant to be done in off hours with the EPG update.

Martin

madlec

As I expected, user error. I haven't removed any access from my account, so assumed that when I upgraded to Premier, the permissions would simply be unlocked.

I've now got all the Live TV options on my home screen, and will test when I can.

I did think about the m3u route, but I already had the hardware to get the Next PVR option working.

Thanks guys.

• 7 months later...
On 1/14/2021 at 6:23 PM, Tex said:

all my channels show up but the guide text is blank  nextpvr 5 

Hi there,  how did you import the channels into Emby Server?

Hi Tex, I used the info from another thread (I can't remember which one off hand) to create a postepgupdate script in Next PVR to trigger an EPG update in Emby. That may help.