ATSC 3.0 tuner support

lifespeed

lifespeed

It looks like ATSC 3.0 is upon us, especially in the larger markets.  And SiliconDust, to their credit, is shipping their new ATSC 3.0 tuner in early July for pre-orders, and August for general release.

What is the Emby development road map look like for this feature?  The tuner description reads like they will keep the same behavior as much as possible, isolating the application from most of the complexity.  A developer edition with special firmware is available, supporting lower level inquiries not only from the command line, but GUI as well.

I know there have been other, more expensive, ATSC 3.0 tuner options available for a while now, specifically USB dongles.  However, I think the vast majority of Emby users with Live TV are also SiliconDust customers.  It's just about here, isn't this the time for support in Emby?

I'd be glad to donate towards buying the development hardware, don't know if the Emby devs are in an ATSC 3.0 suitable market.  There is probably a way to work around the market problem, given these tuners are networked.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...