"No compatible streams are currently available" error

rhiannongilland

therealstanding

My internet provider tried to help manual to input ports for server on router but didn't think it would work and it didn't because my router wants a range for ports not just 8096 I sent pick of what router wants and what they tried. They did not know what to do with out a second number for a range, hope you can help.

Screen Shot 2021-06-20 at 1.43.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-20 at 1.47.07 PM.png

Happy2Play
7 hours ago, therealstanding said:

have no idea what you mean to refresh my movie. I have tries to rescan and rescan data but nothing works unless I actually delete one of my 4 library's and then redue to make a connection again. I have tried a hundred different ways but I can only get my library's on my emby by following certain steps so if there is another way to add library where emby will keep a connection I don't know.

Select Refresh Metadata on that movie.  I would assume you get that same error as posted above.

Happy2Play
6 minutes ago, therealstanding said:

My internet provider tried to help manual to input ports for server on router but didn't think it would work and it didn't because my router wants a range for ports not just 8096 I sent pick of what router wants and what they tried. They did not know what to do with out a second number for a range, hope you can help.

Screen Shot 2021-06-20 at 1.43.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-20 at 1.47.07 PM.png

Did you enter the same port in all 4 fields? One for 8096 and another for 8920?

Just picked a model but that is per a guide.

If you are forwarding a single port, enter that port number into the left Inbound Port and the right Inbound Port boxes. If you are forwarding a range of ports, enter the lowest number of that range into the left Inbound Port box. Then enter the highest number of that range into the right Inbound Port box

Easiest Way to Get an Open Port on the Arris TG1692A Router (portforward.com)

therealstanding

if i put 8096 into all four port boxes says invalid numbers, same as above with 8096 to 8920 in both inbound and local port

On 6/20/2021 at 2:12 PM, therealstanding said:

this is what I tried and it said invalid1317649246_ScreenShot2021-06-20at2_04_22PM.thumb.png.53a0d5309367cfe9486e05e9f7739caa.png

Don't do ranges as that will rarely work.  Instead to Inbound 8096 to 8096 and Local Port 8096 to 8096 for Non-SSL connections.

Use 8920 to 8920 in the same 4 places for SSL connection.
You are correct in only selecting TCP.

Let us know how that works for you.

PS Erase any port forward you already setup first for Emby before doing the above.

Carlo

therealbear

Well I put 8096 in all 4 places and it loaded just fine. But upon restart of emby server I lost all connection to libraries again even with port 8096 open on my router. But like I said once before all was working threw my trial period with no loose of connection or any sign of trouble at all for couple of weeks, pay for it and I notice a different user interface from what it was and it stopped working. So not sure that it is router that stopped working.

In your screenshot above, instead of doing "local port 8096 to 8920", couldn't you have just done: "8096 to 8096", and then add another rule after that for "8920 to 8920".

therealstanding

I have just done as you asked and opened both port as individual on my router but both are open and first restart of emby no streams found. But like I said once before that there was no problem with router before, all worked fine for weeks. So why you keep leaning toward router as prob does not make sense. 

8 hours ago, therealstanding said:

I have just done as you asked and opened both port as individual on my router but both are open and first restart of emby no streams found. But like I said once before that there was no problem with router before, all worked fine for weeks. So why you keep leaning toward router as prob does not make sense. 

But your screenshot shows that you're trying to create a port forwarding rule on the entire range of 8096-8920 and I'm not surprised you're getting an error message when trying to do that. Can you please try what I suggested? I think it will help.

therealstanding

I did as you asked just didn't add another screen shot as wasting my time blaming my router as I said. I have tried every combo I could as well as individually with no range. The screen shot you see is old. Don't waste anymore of my time blaming router. My router was working fine all along until version change of emby. Then problem started, but I guess the plan is always to make it seem as emby is great and the problem people are having is that all the routers have some how stopped working, not emby. What a joke this has turned out to be.

therealstanding

I see Luke that you jump from sit to site asking people to send you logs on all, but not on one site do I see an answer to our problems on any site from you. The same response to all even though they all say it has failed. Can you direct me to one post where you have helped someone solve this problem or not? If not please defame from posting anything on my links as you do not believe what is said anyways as in my last post where I told you I did as you said and you looked at old post as said no I did not. Not knowing what you are talking about. 

therealstanding

Well Luke, I have given up on any support from Emby and have moved on. Yesterday I went out and bought a thunderbolt external drive to plug direct to mac-mini thunderbolt. Took me 3 hours to back up data from old Nas but I have tried many times since then to get Emby to drop signal and fail but all keeps working the way it should, no problems at all. I have no idea why we could never get things up and running so far, but this solves any problem I will have to deal with I hope. Runs as good as it ever did when I first hooked up and all was well before update. So I will be fine from now as far as I can tell.