Add collection to collection

qux

Hi, I want to add collections to collection for create sub-collections,

in other topic I think understand that's possible but I don't understand how can I do that, because if I click on the collection menu, I just have the possibility to add to a playlist, but the button add to collection doesn't appear.

5ec13570d1817_Capture.png

negativzeroe

You just multi select the movies and add them.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

I know 1 movie can add to multiple collections, but that's not I want to do, I want to create sub-collections, example when you click on the ''Pixar collection'', you see others folders with ''Toy Story collection, Indredibles collection'' etc.

• Like 1

Hi, it's currently not supported, but it's possible for the future. thanks.

• Like 1

negativzeroe

That'll be cool. I've been pretty content with custom collection because the movieDB and it's backward ruling system.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

do you know if it's possible to show just the principal collection and not the sub-collections in the collections menu ?

becaus if I change the xml files the sub-collections appears 2 times, one in the principal collection that I create and 1 in the collection menu..

Happy2Play

do you know if it's possible to show just the principal collection and not the sub-collections in the collections menu ?

becaus if I change the xml files the sub-collections appears 2 times, one in the principal collection that I create and 1 in the collection menu..

There currently is no way to collapse a Collection within a collection as they are two separate virtual items.

You would have to eliminate the original collection and remove the collectionid from each item and add each item to said new custom collection.

As for the API there is a link on the bottom of your server dashdboard.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I don't understand very well what ''You would have to eliminate the original collection and remove the collectionid from each item and add each item to said new custom collection." mean, sorry for my english.

I delete the autoboxset plugin.

If I understand, I delete the original collection from C:\Users\XX\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\data\collections

After, I delete the number write in 'ID ThemovieDB collection'' of all movies what I want in my nested collection.

But, after that, how can I create a new sub-collection will appear just in the parent collection and not in the collection menu ?

• 1 year later...
6 hours ago, guardianali said:

Any progress on this feature? Is it on the 'to do' list for future updates?

HI, it's possible for future updates. Thanks.

• Like 1