A lot of my media has mis-labeled subs that confuses Emby. Any program to mass change subtitles labeling?

Mkilbride

Mkilbride

(But not Plex, which I don't really understand.)

So I disabled the "user friendly name" option, prefer embedded titles...and it worked, for a great deal of my series, the correct subtitles are now selected.

However, a lot of my series aren't, i.e, I select Japanese Audio, it selects "English Signs", because "English Subtitles" is labeled as "Japanese full subs" or the like, which means, meant to be used with Japanese audio.  I have a lot of files. Over 165 series, totaling almost 6000 episodes.   I feature requested an option to select all subtitles per series; but people didn't really seem to take to the idea. Oh well. 

An example is here:

tl0oijp.png

If I use the option to match subtitles with audio, it selects English Signs/Songs instead of Dialogue.  I was wondering if there was some easy way to correct this. PErhaps to take all 6000ish files of mine and change the default subtitles to Dialogue and ignore Emby trying to guess entirely? I wouldn't know where to start.

What is weird, within the same series, it can pick the right and incorrect subtitles, despite being labeled correctly. First episode selected "English Dialogue", second episode selected "English Signs / Songs", so on and so forth through the series.

See:

03KLTiE.png

lqJ06wj.png

Edited by Mkilbride

Hi, as far as the server is concerned they are just two english tracks. Is there a way to know the difference?

Mkilbride

Yes. One is called "English Dialogue", the other is "English / Signs / Subs"

Perhaps if it searched for those words, Dialogue / Subs instead of forced / Signs? ect?

But I was mainly asking for a program that could re-label all my subs, en masse.

mkvtoolnix is a great tool if you're willing to do it individually for each one.

@@PenkethBoy do you know of any tools to help automate this?

PenkethBoy

No not directly

but a script calling mkvmerge and/or mkvpropedit (part of mkvtoolnix) from the command line could do it - but would have to be tuned for what to look for and what to change the subtitle to etc etc

Mkilbride

Well shit. I was certain there'd be some ahndy program like TinyMediaManger that I could load up a series and go "Set Default Subtitle track to  X" or something. Going episode by episode...I'll deal with it. I just wish Emby would allow us to set like a "bad word list", i.e, ignore subtitles that contain the phrase "Song, Signs" ect, "Prioritize Dialogue".

Probably too specific.

Edited by Mkilbride

mastrmind11

Well shit. I was certain there'd be some ahndy program like TinyMediaManger that I could load up a series and go "Set Default Subtitle track to  X" or something. Going episode by episode...I'll deal with it. I just wish Emby would allow us to set like a "bad word list", i.e, ignore subtitles that contain the phrase "Song, Signs" ect, "Prioritize Dialogue".

Probably too specific.

You can script mkvmerge/etc to be recursive.