People Backup fails

nick naim

nick naim

When running a full backup (Legacy Emby Style) with the people backup plugin, the backup fails every time for me. Looking at the logs, it turns out it always fails when an actor's name ends with a ".", e.g. "Tom Woodruff Jr.". Here is an excerpt of the log:

2020-05-15 14:44:52.056 Info Plugin: [People Backup] Person found in Database: Tom Woodruff Jr.
2020-05-15 14:44:52.058 Info Plugin: [People Backup] Metadata Backup; Person: Tom Woodruff Jr.; Destination: /mnt/video/_Backup_/emby/metadata/People/T/Tom Woodruff Jr./person.xml
2020-05-15 14:44:52.062 Error Plugin: [People Backup] Full Backup of People unexpectedly aborted
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.4.2.0
	Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb
	Operating system: Unix 5.4.0.29
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: True
	Runtime: file:///opt/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	System.Environment.Version: 3.1.2
	Processor count: 4
	Program data path: /var/lib/emby
	Application directory: /opt/emby-server/system
	System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path '/mnt/video/_Backup_/emby/metadata/People/T/Tom Woodruff Jr./person.xml'.
	   at Interop.ThrowExceptionForIoErrno(ErrorInfo errorInfo, String path, Boolean isDirectory, Func`2 errorRewriter)
	   at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.Open(String path, OpenFlags flags, Int32 mode)
	   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.ManagedFileSystem.GetFileStream(String path, FileOpenMode mode, FileAccessMode access, FileShareMode share, FileOpenOptions fileOpenOptions)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.ManagedFileSystem.GetFileStream(String path, FileOpenMode mode, FileAccessMode access, FileShareMode share, Boolean isAsync)
	   at PeopleBackup.Savers.XmlSaver.SaveXmlFile(Stream stream, String xmlFile)
	   at PeopleBackup.Savers.XmlSaver.BackupToPeopleDir(BaseItem person, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at PeopleBackup.PeopleBackup.BackupPeople(IEnumerable`1 persons, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at PeopleBackup.PeopleBackup.RunFullBackup(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: System.Private.CoreLib
	TargetSite: Void ThrowExceptionForIoErrno(ErrorInfo, System.String, Boolean, System.Func`2[Interop+ErrorInfo,Interop+ErrorInfo])

pünktchen

What's your plugin version? I know this was a problem in an ealier version, but it is already fixed. At least it works here on my side with "Jr."

nick naim

Thanks for the reply! I was using version 1.3.3.0. I just updated to 1.4.0.0 and ran full backup again, but got the same error on the same name. I then tried the "Only Backup People with Images" option, since the problematic name has no image, but it aborted again on "T.I."

pünktchen

I can only guess that the c# default method to remove illegal characters from file names doesn't work as expected under Linux. I'll have to create a VM to verify this first.

nick naim

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner @@pünktchen. I just tested the version you linked above. The full backup finished without a problem. Looks like a good fix to me. Thanks for fixing this so quickly!

pünktchen

I will push an update to the catalogue later this day that has some adjustments. Please delete the backup from the test version or you will get some duplicates.