TMDB Corrupt Image Fix Plugin for Windows 10

mickle026

wakeboarder141
On 8/22/2020 at 9:21 AM, Luke said:

The upcoming Emby Server 4.5 should handle this situation better.

Any word on getting this fixed?  I still have gray boxes for many of my actors, and can't run this plugin on a Synology NAS.

18 minutes ago, wakeboarder141 said:

Any word on getting this fixed?  I still have gray boxes for many of my actors, and can't run this plugin on a Synology NAS.

Try refreshing the metadata of the movie or series containing the actor.

wakeboarder141
48 minutes ago, Luke said:

I have many times.  It still has the broken image link on many actors.

wakeboarder141
1 hour ago, Luke said:

I updated my version of Emby to the latest, and some of the actors are now refreshed, but I still have some that are gray boxes.  Perhaps it just needs more time to refresh those?

Guest topbanana

I still have several as blank grey boxes (Version 4.6.0.2 beta)... that then show when you refresh the actors metadata/replace all images...  As before....

I also still have lots of actors that show as a named box only (now not colorful), that then load the actors image when you visit their page
As reported here:

Can't we just have something like the logic i suggested in the above post, such that if it can't load an image, or it doesn't currently have one, it checks?

This would then fix both the OP's bug and the post above.

That way, if there's an image available, emby shows it for that actor.

Edited by topbanana

wakeboarder141
4 hours ago, topbanana said:

I still have several as blank grey boxes (Version 4.6.0.2 beta)... that then show when you refresh the actors metadata/replace all images...  As before....

I also still have lots of actors that show as a named box only (now not colorful), that then load the actors image when you visit their page

Mine is doing the same thing

Please try refreshing the metadata on the movie or series containing the actor. If that doesn't help pull in an image, then we can look at why - e.g. your metadata settings for the library, and other things. Thanks.

wakeboarder141
55 minutes ago, Luke said:

Please try refreshing the metadata on the movie or series containing the actor. If that doesn't help pull in an image, then we can look at why - e.g. your metadata settings for the library, and other things. Thanks.

I have tried refreshing metadata, replace all, replace existing images, but I still get gray boxes for actors in that movie/TV show.  They also are empty when I click on those actors.

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

buzzdude
18 minutes ago, wakeboarder141 said:

They also are empty when I click on those actors.

I had the same two grey boxes. When I right click on them and select edit Images, the next screen image is blank also. After selecting the magnifying glass and searching, it locates an image, that I can download and save.... Can you see if it does the same for you?

I'm not saying it's a way to fix it, but it might help pinpoint as to why these images are not being downloaded if it's the same images for multiple Emby users...

image.thumb.png.f3ad2179b4a9c646d511eb5d85c50003.png

Edited by buzzdude

wakeboarder141
16 minutes ago, buzzdude said:

I had the same two grey boxes. When I right click on them and select edit Images, the next screen image is blank also. After selecting the magnifying glass and searching, it locates an image, that I can download and save.... Can you see if it does the same for you?

Yes, mine behaves the same way.  It also works if I right click on an actor and refresh metadata on the actor himself.

wakeboarder141

I have noticed that refreshing the metadata on the movie will sometimes populate the picture of some of the actors, but not all of them.

On 10/13/2020 at 12:34 AM, wakeboarder141 said:

I have noticed that refreshing the metadata on the movie will sometimes populate the picture of some of the actors, but not all of them.

Hi, did you check MovieDb to see if they have an image for that actor?

wakeboarder141
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Hi, did you check MovieDb to see if they have an image for that actor?

Yes, all of them will show up once I manually refresh that actor, but not when I refresh the movie.

Just now, wakeboarder141 said:

Yes, all of them will show up once I manually refresh that actor, but not when I refresh the movie.

Can you please go over an example? Thanks.

wakeboarder141

Here is one example; Tobey Maguire.  If I just refresh the movie, even with replace existing images selected, I get a gray box for him.  Once I click him, select refresh with replace existing images, I get a picture for him.  The replace existing images button does have to be selected for it to work.

Untitled.png

Untitled1.png

21 minutes ago, wakeboarder141 said:

Here is one example; Tobey Maguire.  If I just refresh the movie, even with replace existing images selected, I get a gray box for him.  Once I click him, select refresh with replace existing images, I get a picture for him.  The replace existing images button does have to be selected for it to work.

Untitled.png

Untitled1.png

What metadata providers are enabled for your movie library, and in what order?

wakeboarder141
5 minutes ago, Luke said:

What metadata providers are enabled for your movie library, and in what order?

Is this what you need?

Untitled.png

wakeboarder141
26 minutes ago, Luke said:

Yes. Please attach the emby server log from when you did that refresh. thanks.

My log might be kind of wonky from trying to use this fixer plugin, but hopefully you can make sense of it.

embyserver.txt

BiTeTHeBiGG

Hi @Luke,

would it help if I also put my logs here?

1) I tried to refresh an episode (replace all metadata and pictures) with missing person pictures, then refresh the person directly with replace all metadata (and pictures) and search for missing metadata (w/o replace pictures). First did not work but second and third did work.

2) Then I tried to refresh an episode (replace all metadata and pictures) with missing person pictures, then refresh the person directly with search for missing metadata (w/o replace pictures). First did not work but second and third did work.

3) Last I tried to start the refresh people schedule and then search for missing metadata (w/o replace pictures). First did not work but second did work.

This was all on one episode with five missing pictures, one of them grayed, the others empty but colorful.

First log without debug option enabled and both last two logs with debug option enabled.

EDIT: Peoples refreshed in the logs: 1) Billy Gardel, Anjali Bhimani; 2) Paul Yen, VyVy Nguyen; 3) Wyatt McClure

3_embyserver-63738710268_refresh-people.txt 2_embyserver-63738709373_16.4.3522.110_debug.txt 1_embyserver-63738709373_no-debug.txt

Edited by BiTeTHeBiGG

On 10/19/2020 at 7:33 AM, BiTeTHeBiGG said:

Hi @Luke,

would it help if I also put my logs here?

1) I tried to refresh an episode (replace all metadata and pictures) with missing person pictures, then refresh the person directly with replace all metadata (and pictures) and search for missing metadata (w/o replace pictures). First did not work but second and third did work.

2) Then I tried to refresh an episode (replace all metadata and pictures) with missing person pictures, then refresh the person directly with search for missing metadata (w/o replace pictures). First did not work but second and third did work.

3) Last I tried to start the refresh people schedule and then search for missing metadata (w/o replace pictures). First did not work but second did work.

This was all on one episode with five missing pictures, one of them grayed, the others empty but colorful.

First log without debug option enabled and both last two logs with debug option enabled.

EDIT: Peoples refreshed in the logs: 1) Billy Gardel, Anjali Bhimani; 2) Paul Yen, VyVy Nguyen; 3) Wyatt McClure

3_embyserver-63738710268_refresh-people.txt 54.73 kB · 0 downloads 2_embyserver-63738709373_16.4.3522.110_debug.txt 62.36 kB · 0 downloads 1_embyserver-63738709373_no-debug.txt 65.37 kB · 0 downloads

Try refreshing at the series level rather than episode.

On 10/16/2020 at 5:15 PM, wakeboarder141 said:

My log might be kind of wonky from trying to use this fixer plugin, but hopefully you can make sense of it.

embyserver.txt 36.72 MB · 3 downloads

Can you please remove the plugin, then restart the server and let's look at the example again? Thanks.

wakeboarder141
18 minutes ago, Luke said:

Can you please remove the plugin, then restart the server and let's look at the example again? Thanks.

Here is a new log with me doing 3 things:  Refreshing the metadata for the movie Tropic Thunder with replace all metadata and replace existing images checked, then I refreshed the metadata on Jay Baruchel with replace all metadata without replace existing images checked, then refreshed metadata on Jay Baruchel with replace existing images checked.  The 3rd way is the only way that seems to work, and his picture changes from a gray box and appears after that.

Edited by wakeboarder141

• 3 weeks later...
Dibbes

@Luke is there any update on this? I'm getting fairly tired clicking on actors...

is it so difficult to implement a cleaning option and download image option server side? (this is a genuine question, not to be taken with with any sort of sarcasm)

• 4 months later...
horstepipe

hello

so this script/plugin only cares about images, right?

Is there any way how to refresh all people metadata?