C:\Users\Nicholas Bird\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata

Yes that worked, plugin is now running.thanks

mickle026

Updated to log in the plugin window

Another fix for null object when the metadata path is empty

Posted in post #1

• Like 1

buzzdude

I've downloaded the update and installed.

I've noticed that if I press the stop button and the plugin reports that it has stopped, it's actually keeps running.

Actions performed

Press "Fix People Images"

Checked log to see what was happening....

Pressed stop and the plugin reported it has stopped

I check the log and noticed entries still appearing.

Selected the TMDB People fix from the left menu and can then see the "Processing: Scanning..." continues to update.

Check the log to confirmed entries to be entered.

I repeated from "Pressed stop...." a couple of times, but the plugin continues

Only way to stop it was to restart the server.

After restarting the server plugin was in a stopped state, logs confirmed this. I have restarted the plugin and will let it run until it ends and report back.

UPDATE::

Plugin completed successfully.   :)

Found 70837 Movie/Series People entires
68421 Image links found
5287 were corrupt or old links
39972 links were not tmdb links
39789 links are local links
28632 links are not local links

2020-05-30 17:02:05.254 Info FixerService: FIX TMDB PEOPLE - ROUTINE END!
2020-05-30 17:02:05.254 Info FixerService: Downloaded: 571 Images
2020-05-30 17:02:05.254 Info FixerService: Deleted: 0 Corrupt Images
2020-05-30 17:02:05.254 Info FixerService: Found: 39845 Images were not corrupt
Edited by buzzdude

jordy

Hey @@mickle026, Some issues I've noticed:

• I've run the plugin several times and each time I get a different Corrupt Images count.
  • After the plugin has completed it's run, there are still images that are blank, and yet when I select them and search, images are found in almost all instances.
  • Some of the images have a colored background with the Actors name on it, a very small percentage of these are found when searched for.

According to your posts the plugin should be fetching them during it's operations.

Suggestions and questions

• a count of all missing images both before and after the run - this would assist in understanding effectiveness.
  • a list of all missing actors - by name.
  • a list of all fixed/downloaded actors - by name, including the source.
  • a list of unavailable images - this could help admins check for spelling errors
  • Local Links & Not Local Links - does emby not download all images therefore making them ALL local?

Current data:

Found 38515 Movie/Series People entires
37584 Image links found
2979 were corrupt or old links
22228 links were not tmdb links
22074 links are local links
15510 links are not local links

Presentation:

Fixes Errornous People Images and obtain People Images from the Internet.

Running on Win10pro & Emby Beta v 4.5.0.12

Thanks for a very useful plugin.

jordy

Edited by jordy

mickle026

Hey @@mickle026, Some issues I've noticed:

• I've run the plugin several times and each time I get a different Corrupt Images count.
  • After the plugin has completed it's run, there are still images that are blank, and yet when I select them and search, images are found in almost all instances.
  • Some of the images have a colored background with the Actors name on it, a very small percentage of these are found when searched for.

According to your posts the plugin should be fetching them during it's operations.

Suggestions and questions

• a count of all missing images both before and after the run - this would assist in understanding effectiveness.
  • a list of unavailable images - this could help admins check for spelling errors
  • Local Links & Not Local Links - does emby not download all images therefore making them ALL local?

Current data:

37584 Image links found

2979 were corrupt or old links

22228 links were not tmdb links

22074 links are local links

15510 links are not local links

Presentation:

Running on Win10pro & Emby Beta v 4.5.0.12

Thanks for a very useful plugin.

jordy

Thankyou for the feedback.

I am working on a solution for the blank images.  They are not download or refreshed because Emby has an image for them already - its just invalid.  Like I mentioned I am working on a fix for that.

Some of the images have a colored background with the Actors name on it, a very small percentage of these are found when searched for.

I am not using any API to find images, so these might be on the "major" players websites.

Currently only fetching the images it tries to fix, other web links are left alone.

Maybe I should fetch them too ??

Local Links & Not Local Links - does emby not download all images therefore making them ALL local?

Not unless you set it to, Emby uses URLs by default.

Good ideas

Spelling mistakes, its often 2 or 3 am when I am coding !! Lol, i'll fix these

Overall I don't think Ive done too bad.  I've only been learning C# for about 6 or 7 weeks.

mickle026

I've downloaded the update and installed.

I've noticed that if I press the stop button and the plugin reports that it has stopped, it's actually keeps running.

Actions performed

Press "Fix People Images"

Checked log to see what was happening....

Pressed stop and the plugin reported it has stopped

I check the log and noticed entries still appearing.

Selected the TMDB People fix from the left menu and can then see the "Processing: Scanning..." continues to update.

Check the log to confirmed entries to be entered.

I repeated from "Pressed stop...." a couple of times, but the plugin continues

Only way to stop it was to restart the server.

After restarting the server plugin was in a stopped state, logs confirmed this. I have restarted the plugin and will let it run until it ends and report back.

UPDATE::

Plugin completed successfully.   :)

Found 70837 Movie/Series People entires
68421 Image links found
5287 were corrupt or old links
39972 links were not tmdb links
39789 links are local links
28632 links are not local links

2020-05-30 17:02:05.254 Info FixerService: FIX TMDB PEOPLE - ROUTINE END!
2020-05-30 17:02:05.254 Info FixerService: Downloaded: 571 Images
2020-05-30 17:02:05.254 Info FixerService: Deleted: 0 Corrupt Images
2020-05-30 17:02:05.254 Info FixerService: Found: 39845 Images were not corrupt

I confirm it is still running when its reported stopped, I'll fix this.

Thanks for reporting it.

jordy

I think you've done a excellent job, especially considering you're still learning.

Currently only fetching the images it tries to fix, other web links are left alone.

I actually though that the plugin would do exactly that - fetch any image that currently has a broken link or is missing but available

So, are you saying that, for these links, emby re-fetches them everytime they are needed. That seems a little excessive in regards to internet use, especially for those who have data caps to deal with. Personally, I would prefer them to be downloaded on first appearance and then updated on a schedule only if new/updated ones are available.

Anyway thanks again, great job. :)

Edited by jordy

wakeboarder141

Any update on a way to run this plugin on a Synology NAS?  Is it possible to have this added to the Emby plugin library?

AdHimself

Just reporting in, I've done this on my QNAP and it's running well! Great job! I didn't realize it was as simple as dropping it into the plugin folder.

Some tips for QNAP owners, to SSH into it, use WINSCP and use the SCP protocol, making sure to log in as the device admin. You may also need to set WINSCP to show the hidden folders to make sure that the .qpkg folder appears in the folder structure otherwise you won't be able to navigate to the plugin directory.

wakeboarder141, I don't know if the above would help.

If you WINSCP into your Synollogy as your Synollogy admin, then set WINSCP to show hidden files, hopefully you can access your .qpkg file to get to the plugin directory.

Edited by AdHimself
  • Like 1

mickle026

I think you've done a excellent job, especially considering you're still learning.

I actually though that the plugin would do exactly that - fetch any image that currently has a broken link or is missing but available

Not currently, but sort of for some,  its currently only doing the ones it tries to fix plus ones avaliable on the sites it downloads from.  Its not using API so IMDB is a NO, and TMDB is only if the fix link finds the image where is probably would be, but NO if its an API lookup.

So, are you saying that, for these links, emby re-fetches them everytime they are needed. That seems a little excessive in regards to internet use, especially for those who have data caps to deal with. Personally, I would prefer them to be downloaded on first appearance and then updated on a schedule only if new/updated ones are available.

Anyway thanks again, great job. :)

I believe that UNLESS you have checked fetch images in advance that Emby only saves the URLS to the image when retrieveing metadata.

It then downloads the image ONLY when you access the page that has People thumbnails on it, but only downloads those.

So if you never view one of your items, people would never get downloaded fot that item unless they existed in another item that you did view..

Edited by mickle026

mickle026

Any update on a way to run this plugin on a Synology NAS?  Is it possible to have this added to the Emby plugin library?

I dont know how to do it in the Synology, but put the dll in plugins and restart Emby

wakeboarder141

I dont know how to do it in the Synology, but put the dll in plugins and restart Emby

Unfortunately, even after using WinSCP to do that, the plug in does not show up.

Happy2Play

Unfortunately, even after using WinSCP to do that, the plug in does not show up.

Is there anything in the Server log at startup about  the plugin?  I believe other Synology topics mention permission requirements also.

wakeboarder141

wakeboarder141, I don't know if the above would help.

If you WINSCP into your Synollogy as your Synollogy admin, then set WINSCP to show hidden files, hopefully you can access your .qpkg file to get to the plugin directory.

I believe the qpkg directory is only on Qnap. I did drop the plugin into the plugin directory, but it does not show up in the Emby plugins after restart.

• Like 1

wakeboarder141

Is there anything in the Server log at startup about the plugin? I believe other Synology topics mention permission requirements also.

I will check that tonight

Happy2Play

I believe the qpkg directory is only on Qnap. I did drop the plugin into the plugin directory, but it does not show up in the Emby plugins after restart.

What exact folder did you put the dll file in as there are technically two plugin folders (at least there are on Windows).  One in the system folder and the other in programdata folder.

mickle026

Use the program data one, ignore the system one (at least on windows it can cause confilcts when instaling it this way)

AdHimself

You’re right. I forgot about that. Thanks for the correction. When dropping the dll file you should see all the other plugin dll files. If the folder is empty it’s the wrong one.

wakeboarder141

Is there anything in the Server log at startup about  the plugin?  I believe other Synology topics mention permission requirements also.

The log does mention some errors with it.  I will attach the log.  The plugin is located in /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/server/plugins, which also has all the other plugins in it.

embyserver.txt

mickle026

The log does mention some errors with it.  I will attach the log.  The plugin is located in /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/server/plugins, which also has all the other plugins in it.

I have no idea what the errors are in order to fix them @@Luke might be able to tell me.

pünktchen

For me it looks like the plugin needs to be recompiled against Emby 4.4.3.0 instead of 4.2.1.0:

2020-06-04 07:51:32.210 Error App: Error creating TMDBPeopleFix.FixerService 	*** Error Report *** 	Version: 4.4.3.0 	Command line: /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/server/EmbyServer.exe -package synology -programdata /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var -ffmpeg /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/ffmpeg/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/ffmpeg/bin/ffprobe -ffdetect /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/ffmpeg/bin/ffdetect -restartexitcode 121 	Operating system: Unix 4.4.59.0 	64-Bit OS: True 	64-Bit Process: True 	User Interactive: False 	Mono: 6.8.0.105 (tarball Fri Apr 10 09:44:13 UTC 2020) 	Runtime: file:///volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/3rdparty/mono/6.8.0.105/lib/mono/4.5/mscorlib.dll 	System.Environment.Version: 4.0.30319.42000 	Processor count: 4 	Program data path: /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var 	Application directory: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/releases/4.4.3.0 	SimpleInjector.ActivationException: SimpleInjector.ActivationException: No registration for type FixerService could be found and an implicit registration could not be made. Could not resolve type with token 01000031 from typeref (expected class 'System.Reflection.MemberInfo' in assembly 'System.Runtime, Version=4.2.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a') ---> System.TypeLoadException: Could not resolve type with token 01000031 from typeref (expected class 'System.Reflection.MemberInfo' in assembly 'System.Runtime, Version=4.2.1.0, Culture=neutral