Not receiving Emby Connect Confirmation

DarrenClimie-Newman

DarrenClimie-Newman

Hi.

Is there any issue with the Emby Connect email verification process?

I've tried to add 2 new Emby Connect accounts to my server, but both emails haven't received the confirm/link email after registering?

Thanks

Daren

DarrenClimie-Newman

Hi Luke.

Mine is a hotmail (this account already verified), the other two are 1 Hotmail.co.uk and 1 outlook.com.

Thanks

Darren

There is an issue with hotmail that we are actively looking into, but you don't need to wait for this. The confirmation email is just that, confirmation/information. There's nothing you need to do with it, so you can start using the Emby Connect sign in process without waiting for it.

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

DarrenClimie-Newman

Hi Luke

I tried that anyway, it doesn't recognise either email addresses used

:post-609612-15895262709274_thumb.jpg

Thoughts?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

dansblackcat

What if you try adding the Emby Connect username instead of the email address?

Mkilbride

Just want to chime in. Hotmail email address as well and experiencing this issue with not getting my Premiere key / password resets.

Just want to chime in. Hotmail email address as well and experiencing this issue with not getting my Premiere key / password resets.

Hi.  Can you please complain to your email provider (Microsoft)?

Thanks!

DarrenClimie-Newman

Is there any update on this? Is this issue able to be fixed with Microsoft email platforms, or is there a need to use an alternative email to register?

@Luke / @@ebr - Can we expect a fix for this anytime soon?

Edited by DarrenClimie-Newman

DarrenClimie-Newman

Hi @@Luke, @@ebr,

I assume there is a wider issue with Emby Connect accounts?

I've now created a user with a Gmail account, and i immediately received the New Registration at Emby Community email. I followed the link to activate the account.

I then signed in as the new user and received the Confirm Emby Account Link email. I clicked the 'I Confirm This Link' to complete the process.

When I then try and sign in it advises "Invalid Username or Password, please try again".

I know its correct, because I can sign in to the Community as this user.

This is really frustrating as I was a Plex user for 3+ years, and I switched to Emby Premiere only 3 weeks ago. Now 2 users in my house cannot connect remotely via Emby Connect.

Can you please advise what the issue is, and what is being done to fix this? Its clearly a known issue, as there are several threads on Reddit.

Thanks

Darren

Mkilbride

Hi.  Can you please complain to your email provider (Microsoft)?

Thanks!

I mean even if I add you guys to trusted senders, I don't get your email. It's weird. Outlook / Hotmail is like the biggest email service next to Gmail and been around forever ~

DarrenClimie-Newman

Hi. Can you please complain to your email provider (Microsoft)?

Thanks!

I also kind of hope that this was a sarcastic comment, because I really don't see how Microsoft are going to take any notice of a joe public who complains they're not receiving a specific email from a Media Server Provider..... [emoji848]

We are doing our best to resolve this as quickly as we can. I apologize for the inconvenience.

DarrenClimie-Newman

Hi @@Luke

Thanks for the update, it is appreciated.

One of the reasons I left Plex was because you'd never get a direct response from them about an issue, they still haven't fixed a playback issue on Amazon Firesticks for over 2 years!

Knowing its being worked on is good to know!

Cheers

Darren

I believe our hotmail issues are resolved now with Microsoft.

If you're still having a general Emby Connect problem then @@cayars can take a closer look with you. Thanks.

• 10 months later...

I just signed up for Emby Connect 2 days ago using my gmail account and i too haven't received any verification email yet. Its not even there in Spam Email Tab.  Is this issue still around ? @Luke

If you try to change the password or use the functionality to reset password does that work?

4 minutes ago, cayars said:

If you try to change the password or use the functionality to reset password does that work?

Yes just tested it , reset password did sent me a email but i never got a verification email post signup

Strange.  But if you are able to use the reset password link to change the password I think the account will be good to use (hopefully).
Can you try it and give us an update?

5 minutes ago, cayars said:

Strange.  But if you are able to use the reset password link to change the password I think the account will be good to use (hopefully).
Can you try it and give us an update?

Yes i was able to reset the password . Well i was able to able to login even before changing the password just that i hadn't received any verification email . I think its fine since i can successfully reset password

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
edriese
On 18/05/2020 at 03:00, Luke said:

I believe our hotmail issues are resolved now with Microsoft.

If you're still having a general Emby Connect problem then @@cayars can take a closer look with you. Thanks.

Hi. I don’t seem to be able to get the Emby verification email after registering and entering the PIN