Emby for Kodi - Collections Poser Wall View Mode

Bones94

Bones94

Hi guys, im fairly new to Emby and so far have had a great experience! I'm running Emby for Kodi on both of my Shield TV devices (Kodi 18.6) and everything is working brilliantly, I am just wondering if there is a way to enable the poster wall viewmode for collections in the addon? I only have the options for Square, Large Sqaure or Info Wall, I'm only asking because I prefer the collections that Emby offers compared to the Kodi Sets, as it allows the same movie to be included in multiple collections. I'm using the kodi skin Aura so can customise the home menu to make a widget to shortcut me to Emby's Collections instead of Kodi Sets and it would be great if i could have it display my collections in the same viewmode i use throughout

Appreciate any help, thanks, Ryan

jachin99

My best theory or idea would be that this depends a lot on which library node your using.  If your using a node that is a part of the native kodi database, then you should get all of the views but if your using a dynamic view then you might not.  This is probably a better explanation of that concept https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/80916-kodi-mediaimport-project/?p=878258

I get full views for all of my collections but I never added a shortcut straight to collections.  I just checked though, and it looks like if i go to Emby - Movies - Sets I get full views.  Try that

Bones94

Thanks @@jachin99 for the explination of the dynamic and database, turns out the collections node i was using is a dynamic one,therfore not allowing all possible viewmodes.

I tried what you recommended going to Emby - Movies - Sets and like you I get the full views, however it contains the same content as my Kodi DB sets, I would prefer to use the node to Emby collections to work around the one movie per collection rule that kodi uses,as I have created a few custom collections in Emby eg. Marvel Universe and the individual sets dissapear from Kodi eg. Irom man collection, Thor collection etc.

Guess I'll have to put up with the sqaure Viewmodes, no problem

Thanks For the help, really appreciate it

Bones94

Just a quick update, I think I've managed to work around the problem of the viewmode not being available, I installed the EmbyCon addon alongside Emby for Kodi, in the Embycom addon I am able to view all of my Emby collections (Generated and Custom) in Kodi with all viewmodes available. So I have replaced the default Sets widget on the homescreen to point to my collections through the EmbyCon addon.

Thanks, Ryan

TeamB

I did a lot of work in EmbyCon to get the media type correct when returning items.

It mainly uses dynamic detection where it checks all the items it is returning and based on that picks a media type that matches, movies, boxsets, TV shows, seasons, episodes etc. The reason this is important is kodii makes some display decisions and limits the available sort and view types based on the media type returned.