Can't connect

Crawen

Crawen

I cannot connect Mibox to server.
I've now deleted the app on Mibox and the entire program off my laptop. Started again. Re installed everywhere.

When I start Mibox it says enter pin on the emby pin website. No luck. Nothing happens. Doesn't connect as usually did. Can't even see my laptop as option.

What am I doing wrong?
@@cayars

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Let eliminate the mixbox for a moment.

Can you login to the server ok from another computer or smartphone on your network?

What is your local server IP address?  What does it show in the admin dashboard?

Can you upload a pic of the login screen on the mixbox where you put in your server info?

Crawen

Let eliminate the mixbox for a moment.

Can you login to the server ok from another computer or smartphone on your network?

What is your local server IP address? What does it show in the admin dashboard?

Can you upload a pic of the login screen on the mixbox where you put in your server info?

Yes I can log in from another computer etc. I just can't link from Mibox

My ipv4 address is 192.168.0.105874766953e8cd36240f891253019f914.jpg

Crawen

Yes I can log in from another computer etc. I just can't link from Mibox

My ipv4 address is 192.168.0.105874766953e8cd36240f891253019f914.jpg

Apologies upload failed on first attachment 456ce3e76169196dcf39e29a403628f1.jpg

Go ahead and select the remove option, exit the app and go back.  Let's see if it finds the laptop again.

I can't help but wonder if the IP of your laptop changed?

Crawen

Go ahead and select the remove option, exit the app and go back. Let's see if it finds the laptop again.

I can't help but wonder if the IP of your laptop changed?

Nope. It now asks me to sign in with Connect. When I enter the pin I just get invalid user or password. So damn frustrating

That's strange.

What happens if you choose to log in manually.  You can then input the IP and port of your server.

Crawen

That's strange.

What happens if you choose to log in manually. You can then input the IP and port of your server.

For some stupid reason I can't get to the okay button [emoji2955]

That is something @@ebr should take a look at.  It's a bit confusing but if I remember correctly you have to exit the dialog in order to get back to the one with the OK.

If you can't figure it out post a pic of the screen you are stuck on.

You should be able to long-press on the server and forget it.

He's done that and now the app doesn't see his server at all.  If this is a local network, then that would suggest probably a firewall issue blocking between server and Mi because it should have found it automatically.

OP - please use the Manual Entry option and input your IP address that is shown on the dashboard.

His problem is that he can't get to the OK button.  It's kind of weird the way this works.  Not sure if it was intentional or not but it gets me as well sometimes.

It is the stupid standard OSK behavior on some devices (works properly on the Fire).  You need to hit "back" to get beck to the main dialog.

Got ya,  Anyway to work in "press back when complete" or similar for the dumb osk devices?

Crawen

Hi all. Thanks for your input.

I'm so frustrated I may throw the TV out the door so will look at 2 things tomorrow. 1. McAfee firewall 2. Use back button and input my ip address.

Not sure why I'm having such a struggle suddenly.

Got ya,  Anyway to work in "press back when complete" or similar for the dumb osk devices?

I'm going to concentrate some time on it and see if I can fix it once and for all.  Like the "default" button issue that behaves differently in the different versions, I'm sure I can brute force this somehow.

• Like 1