Multiple same size subtitle files being created each night

Dariusz

Dariusz

I noticed that for the past while, multiple same size subtitle files have been downloading over and over again each night.  not sure if this is an emby or plugin issue.  attached are logs and a screenshot.  seem to be happening with non english subtitles.  i provided a screenshot with a timestamp of download of latest subtitle file and todays logs with that timestamp. but there are a lot of subtitles constantly redownloading each night and writing to and creating a new file.

embyserver 05-12-2020.txt

screenshot of multiple sub files.rtf

Dariusz

What format files are being added?

the most recent ones I see are *.pl and i do have some that were *.en.srt as well.. 

Edited by Dariusz

Dariusz

the most recent ones I see are *.pl and i do have some that were *.en.srt as well.. 

just an update, the files with multiple downloads now are actually *.pl.txt so it is a text file.

Right so the downloader downloads .txt subtitles which is not actually a format supported by emby server, so then it never gets recognized by the library scan and ends up downloading again.

Are the contents just the same as regular srt?

Dariusz

Right so the downloader downloads .txt subtitles which is not actually a format supported by emby server, so then it never gets recognized by the library scan and ends up downloading again.

Are the contents just the same as regular srt?

no, they are a little different.  i attached screenshots for comparison.. will there be any possible fix coming to stop the multiple subtitle downloads after one copy is there? 

screenshot of txt vs srt.rtf

Ok thanks, we'll just ignore unsupported formats when searching for downloads. These txt's look simple enough that we might be able to convert them to srt to avoid losing the ability to download them.

• Like 1

Dariusz

Ok thanks, we'll just ignore unsupported formats when searching for downloads. These txt's look simple enough that we might be able to convert them to srt to avoid losing the ability to download them.

awesome! thank you!

• 2 months later...

I have the same issue, but for me Emby seems to download multiple copies of the subtitle regardless of the format, it can be both .sub snd .srt.

Some movies have like 300 copies och the same subtitle file !?!

8 hours ago, gberg said:

I have the same issue, but for me Emby seems to download multiple copies of the subtitle regardless of the format, it can be both .sub snd .srt.

Some movies have like 300 copies och the same subtitle file !?!

Hi there @gberg let's look at an example. Please attach the emby server log. thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the late response, here comes the embyserver.txt log file:

https://pastebin.pl/view/raw/7d51155e

I notice the movie Sniper 3, for which I currently have 482 .sub-files, shows up alot, and it seems to download  about 10-15 new ones every day.

And the funny thing is that all subtitles seems to be recognized by Emby, and I can select them in the "Subtitles" drop-down menu, see below:

oqDIbsf.png

But when I select any of the subtitles I get the following error when I try to play the movie:

WkfsvzV.png

And it sn't happening for this move alone, but for rather alot of movies.

Edited by gberg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I upgraded mu server to 4.5.0.50, about a week ago, but I still see have this issue with muldiple sub-files downloading every day.

Just now I uppgraded to 4.5.1.0, and I hope this will finally stop this?

1 minute ago, gberg said:

I upgraded mu server to 4.5.0.50, about a week ago, but I still see have this issue with muldiple sub-files downloading every day.

Just now I uppgraded to 4.5.1.0, and I hope this will finally stop this?

Hi, if you're still seeing it then something may have been missed. I know I tested with swedish and was able to reproduce and fix, so please attach the emby server log from the latest version. Thanks.

Now I manually ran the subtiltle downloader from the sceduler, and I see it downloads wto new sub-files everytime the scheduler runs.

I attached the emby server log.

This is what the folder for the above mentioned movie looks like, so the issue is still ther after the latest upgrade:

yQArBEu.png

embyserver.txt

Edited by gberg

Dariusz
On 9/30/2020 at 3:04 AM, Luke said:

Hi, if you're still seeing it then something may have been missed. I know I tested with swedish and was able to reproduce and fix, so please attach the emby server log from the latest version. Thanks.

so i haven't checked in a while and I just noticed a whole lot of subtitles still being downloaded in txt format.. i attached the latest logs, if you need specific titles I can provide that as well.. also, there is another issue I noticed.. I like to sort the folders in windows explorer based on date added. .however every time a subtitle is downloaded it affects date on "date modified" as well as "date created" fields.. shouldn't only sort by "date modified" field be affected and not the "date created" as only the folder is being modified?

embyserver (4).txt

On 10/3/2020 at 3:14 AM, Dariusz said:

so i haven't checked in a while and I just noticed a whole lot of subtitles still being downloaded in txt format.. i attached the latest logs, if you need specific titles I can provide that as well.. also, there is another issue I noticed.. I like to sort the folders in windows explorer based on date added. .however every time a subtitle is downloaded it affects date on "date modified" as well as "date created" fields.. shouldn't only sort by "date modified" field be affected and not the "date created" as only the folder is being modified?

embyserver (4).txt 34.12 MB · 0 downloads

Ok, the I know I'm not the only one still having this issue.

On 9/30/2020 at 4:49 AM, gberg said:

Now I manually ran the subtiltle downloader from the sceduler, and I see it downloads wto new sub-files everytime the scheduler runs.

I attached the emby server log.

This is what the folder for the above mentioned movie looks like, so the issue is still ther after the latest upgrade:

yQArBEu.png

embyserver.txt 1.2 MB · 2 downloads

Ok I see what's going on with the .sub files being downloaded. It is resolved for the next release. Thanks.

15 minutes ago, Luke said:

Ok I see what's going on with the .sub files being downloaded. It is resolved for the next release. Thanks.

Ok, fingers crossed it will be fixed in the hopefully soon to be released next release.

Edited by gberg