.nfo filles changed to .info?

guill69f

guill69f

Hi everyone, i discovered Emby 2 days ago and have installed Emby Server in my NAS, which hosts my media files. All my movies were scraped before using Ember Media Manager and each movie folders has fanart and had .nfo files. These files were fetched by Ember Media Manager when I launched this program and help to display movie related info.

Yesterday evening I started Ember Media Manager and realized that previously scraped movies where only presented with their fanart, but no other info.

I checked the movie folders and found out that all .nfo are gone and replaced by .info files which apparently can't be read.

Not sure how this did happen, could it be Emby Server related? Is there a way to recreate my .nfo? Folders also now contain .big files, what is that?

Thanks to anyone who could shed some light on this!

Envoyé de mon SM-G950F en utilisant Tapatalk

pünktchen

EMM did this. Emby writes some custom elements to your nfo and if EMM find those unknown elements then EMM renames the file to .info

guill69f

Thanks for the answer! But then these files are useless or? Just saying this because no info is displayed in EMM. Is there a way to regenerate the NFO, either from Emby, EMM or some other software? Because as I understand it if EMM can't read NFO i am not sure what use i could have from the software, which i liked quite much.

pünktchen

You can rename it back to .nfo and Emby will read it again. But the next time you start EMM it will be renamed to .info again. Maybe there's a setting in EMM to don't do this otherwise it's a silly software. I use Tiny Media Manager and don't have this problem.

guill69f

Ok thanks I will consider that. It seems however than emby reads the .info, so far I have all my data correctly displayed in Emby, so it doesn't seem to have caused any issues, or maybe for now Emby is using some cache data. I'll do the renaming from .info to .nfo anyway then, and will look into Tiny Media manager

Thx

Emby doesn't read or write .info files.  If we can look at an example in detail we'll be able to provide more information. Thanks.

guill69f

Ok. Sorry, can't provide any files for review, i renamed all *.info to *.nfo and did some mass processing of these info with Tiny Media Manager, so they no longer look as they did before.

All seems to work fine now for me. A couple of questions on tiny media manager and emby but I'll look in relevant forums if I can't figure things out.

Thanks

Edited by guill69f