problem with only 1 show being recorded - Magnum P.I.

SeekingWisdom

SeekingWisdom

I have been using emby on my synology DS918+ for many months and so far this is the only problem regarding recording of a series during that entire period.

The show is Magnum P.I.

When I look at the "TV shows" screen in emby server I see two listings for Magnum P.I (picture follows)

5eb9f3c0e64ec_pic1.jpg

If I click on the 1st picture (with the "1" in the green circle on it the contents are season 2 episodes 1,2, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 10.

This is why I have finally noticed what I am going to describe.  I watched 8 and noticed that 9 is missing and that 10 is the last one.  However, I regularly (at least 1 time/week) look at the schedule to see that all the shows are being set up to be recorded and know it was recording shows beyond episode 10.

If I click on the 2nd picture (with the "11" in the green circle on it the contents are seasons episodes 9, 11 through 20.  They have the correct names and episode numbers for the missing shows for season 2.  What is wrong (besides not being together with the earlier episodes in the season) is that the thumbnail pictures for each episode are not from the current Magnum but the original one way back whenever it was first broadcast.  I did watch the start of one of them and it is from the currently airing episodes.

5eb9f5fe7b6df_pic2.jpg

Above is a picture showing what I described previously for the wrong thumbnails with correct season, episode and title and the correct video if you click it to play from the current Magnum.

Somehow emby has gotten confused between the older Magnum (many years ago) and the currently broadcast Magnum.

Ideally what I would like to do is get all of the episodes together and fix emby so it records correct like it started to in the first place.  Not sure what changed to cause this.

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
SeekingWisdom

I used File Station to view the EmbyMedia/tvshows directory:

5ecbd3681aafe_filestation1.jpg

So the answer to your question is that there are 3 directories.  

Here is the Magnum P.I directory (note image includes path on top).

5ecbd3fac3944_filestation2.jpg

Here is the Magnum P.I (1980) directory:

5ecbd48166b75_filestation3.jpg

And finally the Magnum P.I (2018) directory):

5ecbd4d70230b_filestation4.jpg

So emby has created 3 different directories and the only thing put into these directories was Magnum season 2 (the one I want recorded).

I have not edited any of them or done anything (knowingly) to cause it to use different directories.  The only thing I did (knowingly) was to tell it to record the currently airing Magnum series.

Thanks for taking the time to give a response.  If you need anything else please let me know.

What I would suggest is go into whichever one is incorrect, then manually move the video files into the correct series folder, leaving everything else behind. Then delete the incorrect one and run a library scan.

That should fix things up. Then if it happens again, please capture the Emby Server log and we can take a deeper look into why that's happening. Thanks !

SeekingWisdom

I put all the files into the 2018 version directory as that is the currently one being broadcast and the one I set up to be recorded as a series.

As far as library scan goes, on the dashboard page left column under server I found library.  On the library page at the top is "scan library files".  That is the one I pushed - I hope it is the one you wanted me to run.

There shouldn't be any new episodes until the next season so it will be a while.

Thanks for your help

• 6 months later...
SeekingWisdom

Been a long time since I last posted by the new season finally started again.

Running Emby version 4.5.3

The starting point would be the previous post of May 26 where you suggested I put all the files into the correct directory and do a library scan.

The 1st show (Magnum P.I (2018) season 2) started last week and instead of being put into the 2018 season Emby created a 1980 directory and put the show there.  I moved it into the 2018 directory under season 2 and did a library scan.

This post is being done immediately after the end of the 2nd Magnum show.  Emby again created the 1980 directory / season 2 / and put the file there (again in the wrong place).

In your last post you asked to attach the Emby server log  which I did and I see it in the uploaded files  (I just did drag and drop so I hope this is correct - if not tell me how to properly attach the file).

I took a bunch of screenshots while the show was being recorded.  In some places you see the correct 2018 Magnum image and in some the incorrect 1980 image.

magnum1.thumb.jpg.d0c8ce37fb6f6c8dd772b35658449008.jpg

This one shows live TV and the correct 2018 Magnum image.

Snag_fe7d6a.thumb.png.950f2641882d4d4dfa7ee207bcc16eef.png

This one shows the dashboard and note on the upper right "Active Recordings" it has the incorrect 1980 image.

Snag_f95587.png.9e19d548acf944a313c42584ba514a67.png

This one shows the series is set up to record the current 2018 version (at least the correct image is shown)

Snag_fb176b.png.03722277cf4d7e718408e7f4b1182325.png

This one shows the guide

If you need any other information please let me know. 

The goal would be to have emby recognize that the shows currently being broadcast are 2018 and not the original 1980 version and thus put the new shows under the "Magnum P.I (2018)" directory

embyserver.txt

• 3 weeks later...
SeekingWisdom

I am wondering if no response because this topic was started a long time ago.  However, I updated with new log file per the request of Luke if the problem occurred again.  The new season just started which is the reason for the big delay

• 1 month later...