Phillips Smart TV

HappyGilmour

HappyGilmour

I recently purchased a Phillips SmartTV. I also recently upgraded my old MediaBrowser for Windows 7 Media Center to the latest server/client on the web site. My Windows Media Center looks and works great! 

But when I try to connect to the DLNA server via my new TV, there is a problem. I can see the server. I can browse to my movie/TV show folders. But as soon as I rest the cursor (on the TV) on a video file, the screen goes blank for about 2 seconds....and then it dumps me out to the menu.

The TV is a 4000 series 32PFL4909. The server is running on a quad core processor with 8 GB of RAM. As of now, I am connected via WiFi but I plan on connecting via wired Gbit Ethernet. However, over the wireless, I am streaming HD video via NetFlix and other apps on the TV just fine.

I have no problem going through the logs and such. I am an IT guy. I just thought I would post this topic first and see if this was something you folks had seen before and knew of an easy fix. Thank you in advance for the help.

Happy

I have a Phillips 32PFLXXX and I've been disappointed with their dlna implementation. When using play to I don't get controls like pause and resume. Let us know if you get a good solution.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk