Emby app starts on its own

Loke

Google play version: 3.1.22

Android: 7.0

emby: 4.4.2

Since the latest update the app starts on itself randomly. I might not be doing anything, navigating in the phone or even have some other app open (game) and suddenly the app loads up.

I have tried force stopping it and clearing the cache - no change.

When the app starts up it just sits on the main screen. In the past 15 min it has done it 3-4 times.

Edited by Loke
  • Like 2

Had the same happen on my tablet (android 6). If I keep the wifi off it doesn't happen. Open wifi and less than one min later the app opened.

@@Luke

Edited by Loke

Anyone else experiencing this or is it just some amazing fubaring?

Same thing happens even with the emby server that I was connected to shutdown

Jdiesel

I think this has happened to me but I just chalked it up to me being crazy and accidentally hitting the shortcut on my homescreen. I will keep an eye out for it now.

Hi, yes we're looking into this. Thanks.

Tried a reinstall of the app and it got fixed. I can keep the tablet as is till the new version comes out, in case that somehow is helpful for you - I don't mind.

effinG

I've had exactly the same issue. Seems to happen when someone else is using Emby on another device. Only started doing this a couple of days ago (when it updated via play store). Will try full uninstall /reinstall as suggested.

nuentes

Mine just updated 12 hours ago, and I'm seeing the same thing. Emby relaunches every time I unlock my phone.

pmac

I've had it happen twice. Spent more time than I'd like to admit trying different combinations of finger presses to try and figure out how to "accidentally" open the app before I found this thread lol

bdick0000

My testing has determined that any device that tunes to a TV channel in Emby causes the android app to open.  My setup is HDhomerun quattro, Roku Premiere, Amazon Firestick 4K, Moto G6 and Pixel 4 phones. Changing the TV channel (and tuning when you first turn it on) causes the android app to open every time.  When I tune to a different channel via the HDhomerun app, it doesn't open Emby. Not that I thought it would, but I was testing.

I updated android app to 3.1.22 on the day it was released or the next, about a week ago.

After all the above testing, I uninstall and reinstall the app on both phones and the issue is gone. 

*edit - issues aren't gone. Oddly, took a day to come back.

Edited by bdick0000

homelabsol

Any update on this? i'm exepriencing similar problem. Im using emby 4.4.2.0. I will try if reinstalling the emby apps will resolve the issue

updated on my tablet (on which I didn't reinstall app) seems better though it did open once. Will wait for more time to pass

Edited by Loke

homelabsol

Try to reinstall the emby apps from android or ios. It works from my user and resolved his issue.

Try to reinstall the emby apps from android or ios. It works from my user and resolved his issue.

Thank you, I am aware of that as I had tested it on my phone

Thanks for the feedback.

So with the new version it still happens but from my (limited) testing it's extremely more rare to get triggered, so I assume your changes did affect it.

Plus on my phone on which I had re-installed the app and it solved the bug, the latest update didn't re-introduce it.

• 4 weeks later...
andrew0404

This just started happening to me today.  Android beta client 3.1.33, Linux server 4.5.0.13 beta.

3 hours ago, andrew0404 said:

This just started happening to me today.  Android beta client 3.1.33, Linux server 4.5.0.13 beta.

Hi, what exactly started happening?