Auto start app will not engage and others - Error to contact vendor

blumamba

blumamba

I have been dealing with this along with the resizing issues listed in another thread.  Upon start up now the app will not auto start and is checked.

To deal with the resizing issue I uninstalled several times and it eventually would not autostart.  So i tried a couple of the suggestions in the thread dedicated to the resizing issue which I was unable to confirm or deny as it would not auto start.  I had to manually start it.

upon playing any type of hevc/mkv and pause, the audio drops and or (both) the task bar (hidden or not) remains on top of the player until fully exiting the show/movie etc and hitting resume, then the task bar will go away.  On some occasions it will not.  Any 480P hevc/mkv states it cant play now due to codec (or something like that) on resume.  it eventually just quit playing 480p content at all and the circle just spins until playing something other than 480P.

So to try and figure out why on my dedicated (not used for anything else) win10 htpc I removed my Nvidia drivers and did a clean install on older and newest to see what would happen.  Same issues still there.  So did a clean reinstall of the newest driver and fixed the audio drop out for 24 hrs then back to any type of pause to dropped audio.

So I uninstalled emby theater for the umpteenth time and did a file search to make sure no trace of emby or settings were left around.  I deleted everything related to emby the search turned up after the uninstall with the exception of registry entries.

I attempted to reinstall emby theater using the download link and an error states "application cant be started to contact the application vendor.  I did this throughout the day thinking it was on your end but now I am wondering?

Here is the log:

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
Windows : 10.0.18363.0 (Win32NT)
Common Language Runtime : 4.0.30319.42000
System.Deployment.dll : 4.8.3752.0 built by: NET48REL1
clr.dll : 4.8.4150.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
dfdll.dll : 4.8.3752.0 built by: NET48REL1
dfshim.dll : 10.0.18362.1 (WinBuild.160101.0800)

SOURCES

ERROR SUMMARY
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of http://embydata.com/downloads/theater/release13/Emby.Theater.Installer.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ The referenced assembly is not installed on your system. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B3)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
* [5/9/2020 10:31:55 AM] : Activation of http://embydata.com/downloads/theater/release13/Emby.Theater.Installer.application has started.

ERROR DETAILS
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [5/9/2020 10:32:04 AM] System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException
- The referenced assembly is not installed on your system. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B3)
- Source: System.Deployment
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.IStore.GetAssemblyInformation(UInt32 Flags, IDefinitionIdentity DefinitionIdentity, Guid& riid)
at System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.Store.GetAssemblyManifest(UInt32 Flags, IDefinitionIdentity DefinitionIdentity)
at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.GetAssemblyManifestFromStore(DefinitionIdentity asmId)
at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.GetAssemblyManifestWithRetry(DefinitionIdentity asmId, TimeSpan retryInterval, Int32 maxRetryCount)
at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.GetSubscriptionStateInternal(DefinitionIdentity subId)
at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.GetSubscriptionStateInternal(SubscriptionState subState)
at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.CheckAndReferenceApplication(SubscriptionState subState, DefinitionAppId appId, Int64 transactionId)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestDirectBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl, Uri& deploymentUri)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivationWithRetry(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivationWithRetry(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
No transaction information is available.

upon reinstalling I will be able to confirm if it fixed the above issues or not.

Thanks

blumamba

Upon download and transfer to app data the app started but was still in "small" screen on a Sony xbr 900 75in until maximized and the settings not retained or gotten by server were reset.  PC rebooted with no restart and same manual start size.

5eb83ffdc3e65_IMG_20200510_114715.jpg

After pc reboot and app manual restart

5eb83dd6a5401_IMG_20200510_114637.jpg

after maximizing, the app would not play any type of content and displayed very very small and transparently "couldn't load plugin" and just circled.  I have to manually exit the app and restart it due to it no exiting as requested.  I have done nothing to the server side except the "metadata" order redo which was brought up in another thread. Not sure what plug in its referring to?

I did check the registry before the placement of your folder and found nothing related to emby.  So I am not sure if its machine specific or if its tied to the server?

Any other suggestions?  

blumamba

There are errors and warnings, most of which I have no idea what they are for?  What Am i looking for?  I dont see anything directly stating emby?

blumamba

Yes windows has the latest updates as well as the nvidia drivers.  I am at a complete loss as to why all the sudden this would be happening.  For giggles I turned off Nortons to see if NOW for some reason (never an issue in the past) it was the issue but same results.  Funny thing is this only started because of the start up issue when I tried older Nvidia drivers then reinstalled the newest driver?  IDK?

Here is todays install log with the contact error:

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
Windows : 10.0.18363.0 (Win32NT)
Common Language Runtime : 4.0.30319.42000
System.Deployment.dll : 4.8.3752.0 built by: NET48REL1
clr.dll : 4.8.4180.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
dfdll.dll : 4.8.3752.0 built by: NET48REL1
dfshim.dll : 10.0.18362.1 (WinBuild.160101.0800)

SOURCES

ERROR SUMMARY
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of http://embydata.com/downloads/theater/release13/Emby.Theater.Installer.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ The referenced assembly is not installed on your system. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B3)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
* [5/14/2020 5:43:57 PM] : Activation of http://embydata.com/downloads/theater/release13/Emby.Theater.Installer.application has started.

ERROR DETAILS
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [5/14/2020 5:44:06 PM] System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException
- The referenced assembly is not installed on your system. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B3)
- Source: System.Deployment
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.IStore.GetAssemblyInformation(UInt32 Flags, IDefinitionIdentity DefinitionIdentity, Guid& riid)
at System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.Store.GetAssemblyManifest(UInt32 Flags, IDefinitionIdentity DefinitionIdentity)
at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.GetAssemblyManifestFromStore(DefinitionIdentity asmId)
at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.GetAssemblyManifestWithRetry(DefinitionIdentity asmId, TimeSpan retryInterval, Int32 maxRetryCount)
at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.GetSubscriptionStateInternal(DefinitionIdentity subId)
at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.GetSubscriptionStateInternal(SubscriptionState subState)
at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.CheckAndReferenceApplication(SubscriptionState subState, DefinitionAppId appId, Int64 transactionId)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestDirectBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl, Uri& deploymentUri)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
No transaction information is available.

• 5 weeks later...
blumamba

Sorry for the late response.  I still get the same error with the install.  upon manual start the app spins and states can't load plugin.  I still cant get it to play or install.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Have you tried this?

Did this resolve your issue?