there is probably a better way, this worked

cd /var/lib/emby-server/data

## not sure if all 3 need to be moved
#
mv activitylog.db activitylog.db.old

mv activitylog.db-shm activitylog.db-shm.old

mv activitylog.db-wal activitylog.db-wal.old

systemctl restart emby-server

Hi,, yes that will do it. We should add a button to the web interface though. Thanks for the feedback.

• 10 months later...
MachineLearning

This could come in handy, looking forward to this, while your team are at it, could you make it so that some other logs are cleared altogether as well? Thanks

Edited by MachineLearning

2 hours ago, MachineLearning said:

This could come in handy, looking forward to this, while your team are at it, could you make it so that some other logs are cleared altogether as well? Thanks

Hi, what logs?

Hi, yes we can add an option for that. For now you can simply shutdown the server and delete the file.

• 7 months later...
EmbyLogin
On 19/03/2021 at 12:51, Luke said:

Hi, yes we can add an option for that. For now you can simply shutdown the server and delete the file.

Has anything like this been implemented now? I can't seem to find the feature

Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, EmbyLogin said:
On 3/19/2021 at 12:51 PM, Luke said:

Has anything like this been implemented now? I can't seem to find the feature

Sorry no there currently is not a option in Emby to do this.  You would have to do as Luke suggested.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
x2desmit

Sorry to dig up this thread, but I wanted to ask what kind of database activitylog.db is??

There is a LOT more information based on what I'm looking for in my SIEM. I'm currently querying and parsing the embyserver.txt file every 5 minutes and RegEx is not the best way to do this.

This activity log database as shown in the reports plugin is PERFECT for what I'm looking for and if the SIEM can query this db, it would be great.

2 hours ago, x2desmit said:

Sorry to dig up this thread, but I wanted to ask what kind of database activitylog.db is??

There is a LOT more information based on what I'm looking for in my SIEM. I'm currently querying and parsing the embyserver.txt file every 5 minutes and RegEx is not the best way to do this.

This activity log database as shown in the reports plugin is PERFECT for what I'm looking for and if the SIEM can query this db, it would be great.

Hi, it is sqlite. Is that what you're wanting to know?

x2desmit
11 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, it is sqlite. Is that what you're wanting to know?

Yeah, I was hoping it was Postgres or something like that. McAfee SIEMs has several database types that it can query, but I don't see SQLite being one of them in the options.

I installed the SQLite database browser and this is a gold mine of the information I am looking to pull into long term storage for SIEM. This is a much better data source than embyserver.txt.

I'm going to try to use some canned data sources built into the SIEM and see what comes back. Not expecting much, but it's worth a try.

• Thanks 1