RPi 3 B+

Server installed in RPi 3 b+

Client: Mobile browser, Mobile app & PC browser

Browser: Chrome latest version

Emby App latest.

Test done using "htop" command

###################################

Attached Documents(Below)

Using emby app (Mobile using emby app.jpg)

Chrome mobile browser (Mobile with browser_2.jpg ....)

Chrome PC (browser)

Video details

##################################

This rpi3 b+ is used for media server. I play various videos independent of the of its codec. Most of the time, i play H264 videos, as rpi3 b+ fails to play high bit videos of AVC/H 265 and often experience poor video playback. So, i planned to purchase new rpi 4 as it supports h265, but i stumbled upon something yesterday.

I noticed that I was able to play Naruto episodes in emby mobile app smoothly without laggy playback issues that i used to get in using chrome(for video specs detail, check below)(screenshot attached below)

Can anyone explain, how to fix this? and explain the problem?

post-495877-0-72983100-1589053590_thumb.jpg

post-495877-0-70925500-1589053609_thumb.jpg

post-495877-0-72798100-1589053623_thumb.jpg

post-495877-0-26897100-1589053900_thumb.jpg

post-495877-0-41526900-1589053915_thumb.jpg

post-495877-0-43856000-1589053999_thumb.jpg

Hi, is it transcoding? You'll probably see high cpu usage during video transcoding, that would be normal.

EliteArmedForce

Hi, is it transcoding? You'll probably see high cpu usage during video transcoding, that would be normal.

Hello @@Luke. Yes i believe it is transcoding, but this doesn't make sense that when using Emby mobile app it uses less cpu usage. Weird part is that, same video when streamed using same mobile through browser uses high cpu usage(all cores of rpi) and it goes the same for Tv and PC. This thing doesnt make sense and i dont even understand why. I hope u got my question now?

Edited by elitearmedforce

It's normal. Browsers have limited media format support, which means you will see more transcoding when playing from the browser than you will with our android app.

EliteArmedForce

Interesting, I didn't know that media support in browsers matter. Thank you for the information. In that case, i would really prefer to use app/executable for linux/windows(ubuntu/raspbain/windows10). More like extra work for devs.