Identify not matching obvious ones

thockin

ngmdat

TVDB has it as 2020 too but as you said, it's entirely unnecessary in this show's case.

@@ngmdat you just need to simplify your naming and make sure that you have this in a TV library.  Using the example from your earlier post, /media/movies/2020/Zerozerozero (2020)/Zerozerozero (2020) 01.mp4, you should have the following:

/media/tv/Zerozerozero/Season 01/Zerozerozero S01E01.mp4

Note that I have removed the 2020 folder as I don't find it useful.  You can use it but if your path were '/media/tv/2020/Zerozerozero/Season 01/Zerozerozero S01E01.mp4' you would want to make sure the folder you added to your library is /media/tv/2020 rather than /media/tv.

@@Deathsquirrel, Thanks for your kind explanation.
I think that i found the reason EMBY can not made fine metadata, because the name of [Ghost in the Shell: SAC_2045] made everything be to mess.

jordy

TVDB has it as 2020 too but as you said, it's entirely unnecessary in this show's case.

Yes, TVDB does show the prod year as 2020, but, the year is not present in the show title, whereas in IMDB it is. I assumed that it was relatively obvious, my error. :)

ngmdat

Yes, TVDB does show the prod year as 2020, but, the year is not present in the show title, whereas in IMDB it is. I assumed that it was relatively obvious, my error. :)

Thanks for your response,
Some time the product year help EMBY searching exactly which is information of the content.
ex: Dracula (2013) and Dracula (2019)

jordy

Thanks for your response,
Some time the product year help EMBY searching exactly which is information of the content.
ex: Dracula (2013) and Dracula (2019)

Yes, that is correct - for ALL MOVIES but also for TV Series - ONLY - where there is more than 1 series with the same name.

An example of this is Castle, the first Castle TV Series was about Castles and originally aired in 2003, the second Castle TV Series was originally aired in 2009. In order to differentiate between the two, the latest one is named Castle (2009).

If you were adding the latest Castle series to your library and didn't add the (2009) to the title, Emby would download the Original Series artwork and Metadata - I know because it happened to me.

Does this make it clear for you?

cheers jordy

ngmdat

Yes, that is correct - for ALL MOVIES but also for TV Series - ONLY - where there is more than 1 series with the same name.

An example of this is Castle, the first Castle TV Series was about Castles and originally aired in 2003, the second Castle TV Series was originally aired in 2009. In order to differentiate between the two, the latest one is named Castle (2009).

If you were adding the latest Castle series to your library and didn't add the (2009) to the title, Emby would download the Original Series artwork and Metadata - I know because it happened to me.

Does this make it clear for you?

cheers jordy

@@jordy, thanks for your sharing experiences.

• 2 years later...

Sorry to bump old thread but Plex can match straight from torrented files, whereas with emby I need to move them into separate folders

It's especially bad when you torrent and entire season and it can't even match from XXX.S01 folder?

https://i.imgur.com/hRCLVqz.png

This is what it looks like on Emby (I manually matched some of them before I just gave up and moved back to Plex)

and on Plex it matches everything without me having to do anything:

https://i.imgur.com/C2cI3Yi.jpeg

I dont understand why Emby is so bad at matching, I don't want to rename my files and folders because I am seeding and it is just extra hassle

If plex can detect everything when I just torrent to my D:/TV Shows or D:/Movies directory why can't emby?

GrimReaper
2 minutes ago, metrize said:

D:/TV Shows or D:/Movies

How do your folders look like in your OS?

Just now, GrimReaper said:

How do your folders look like in your OS?

https://i.imgur.com/YwuYo3W.png

The folders I made for Queens Gambit, Handmaidens Tale, Moon Knight, Invincible I had to make because Emby was not matching folder e.g. The.Queens.Gambit.S01.1080p.NF.WEBRip.DDP5.1.x264-GGWP[rartv].So full season does not match. I eventually got tired of doing this

We plan to be able to support a mish-mash structure such as this in future updates, but we're not quite there yet.