Identify not matching obvious ones

thockin

thockin

I'm trying Emby out as a somewhat disgruntled Plex user.  Importing my library into Emby, I am seeing a TON of my collection not being identified.

For example: /volume1/video/movies/Aladdin/Aladdin.bd - doesn't match anything.

/volume1/video/movies/Terminator (series)/01.The.Terminator.1984.mkv - doesn't match anything.

Plex got most of these right on the first try.  Is there a way to make identify "try harder" in Emby?

Hi, what is Aladdin.bd ? Can you please attach the emby server log from when these were scanned in? Thanks.

Deathsquirrel

You're going to have a lot more luck following best practices with naming.  Which version of Aladdin is that?  How the hell would Emby know given your chosen name?  There are four movies just called 'Aladdin' in themoviedb.com first handful of results searching that word.

You'll get almost perfect results with good naming practices.  \\SERVER\SHARE\Movies\Aladdin (2019)\Aladding (2019).mkv will give consistently reliable identification.

thockin

Alright.  I know I could go through my hundreds of movies and rename the files.  But why should I?  Plex got 85% of them right on the first try.

WRT Aladdin, as an example - there's one film that is VASTLY more popular than the others.  Pick that.

thockin

Here's another example - in each folder I have movie.mkv and movie.bd (the raw BD dump).  Unlike Plex, Emby has a clue what to do with those (awesome).  Unfortunately it can't seem to identify "movie.bd" as "movie".  That feels like a missing heuristic.

thockin

Another one: "/volume1/video/movies/Spirited Away/Spirited_Away.mkv" was detected as "The Art of Miyazaki's Spirited Away".

pwhodges

Alright.  I know I could go through my hundreds of movies and rename the files.  But why should I?  Plex got 85% of them right on the first try.

It's a lot of trouble, for sure, when you already have a large library.  But if you had the files named as Emby recommends, you'd have a far better recognition rate than 85%, from my experience.

Paul

thockin

/volume1/video/movies/Amelie/Amelie.mkv is detected as "Mountain Miracle" ?

Solo.mkv chose "Free Solo" 

Groove.mkv chose "Kronk's New Groove" ??

WTF, this is terrible.

thockin

"video/movies/Spider Man - Into the Spider-Verse/Spider-Man_-_Into_the_Spider-Verse.mkv" and "/volume1/video/movies/Home/Home.mkv"  BOTH detected as "Spider Man Far From Home".  LOL.

I guess I am going through EVERY SINGLE ONE of my movies

thockin
/volume1/video/movies/Das Boot/Das_Boot_Directors_Cut_pt1.mkv

/volume1/video/movies/Das Boot/Das_Boot_Directors_Cut_pt2.mkv

How do I thread those for seamless playback?

Happy2Play

WTF, this is terrible.

"video/movies/Spider Man - Into the Spider-Verse/Spider-Man_-_Into_the_Spider-Verse.mkv" and "/volume1/video/movies/Home/Home.mkv"  BOTH detected as "Spider Man Far From Home".  LOL.

I guess I am going through EVERY SINGLE ONE of my movies

Please post the server log to show how the items are being queried.

/volume1/video/movies/Das Boot/Das_Boot_Directors_Cut_pt1.mkv
/volume1/video/movies/Das Boot/Das_Boot_Directors_Cut_pt2.mkv

How do I thread those for seamless playback?

These stacked files should play continues already.

WTF, this is terrible.

Hi.  We are at the mercy of our metadata providers here to some extent because they have their internal ranking system when using vastly generic searches like this.  If you go to themoviedb.org and type in just those simple names for searches (solo, groove, etc.) you should see the first item being the one Emby chose.

So, our suggested naming is designed to match up with the providers' search behavior and, as mentioned, when followed will provide you with much better than an 85% recognition (which we would consider not very good).

ngmdat

hi Guys,

How can I make useful title name for TV Drama series to searching identify on themoviedb.org ?  

ex: ZeroZeroZero Season 1 (2020)

thanks any advices.

Deathsquirrel

hi Guys,

How can I make useful title name for TV Drama series to searching identify on themoviedb.org ?  

thanks any advices.

I recommend TVDB as the top metadata provider for TV libraries.

As for naming, my recommendation would be something like:

\\SERVER\SHARE\TV\ZeroZeroZero\Season 01\ZeroZeroZero S01E01 The Shipment.mkv

Each show has a folder.  Each season of that show has a folder.  Files are named clearly with show name, season number, episode number, and title.  The TV library would be pointed at the path \\SERVER\SHARE\TV.

Gilgamesh_48

I recommend TVDB as the top metadata provider for TV libraries.

As for naming, my recommendation would be something like:

\\SERVER\SHARE\TV\ZeroZeroZero\Season 01\ZeroZeroZero S01E01 The Shipment.mkv

Each show has a folder.  Each season of that show has a folder.  Files are named clearly with show name, season number, episode number, and title.  The TV library would be pointed at the path \\SERVER\SHARE\TV.

I pretty much agree with that naming but I use a slightly different format as I find it easier to read when doing maintenance. I use:

ZeroZeroZero - s01e01 - The Shipment.mkv

Again the differences are only for aiding my old eyes in seeing differences and problems easily. It should also be noted that everything after the "sXXeYY" is really meaningless and Emby uses it for nothing. You can use:

ZeroZeroZero - s01e01.mkv

just as well and Emby will handle it just fine.

There are other namings that work but they are not as reliable and they can fail unexpectedly. A system that worked "before" might suddenly fail to work.

The parsing system that Emby uses works very well and is quite robust but it is not 100% if you vary from the standards. The standard system seems to always work and should be adhered to if you want reliable matching.

Deathsquirrel
It should also be noted that everything after the "sXXeYY" is really meaningless and Emby uses it for nothing. You can use:

ZeroZeroZero - s01e01.mkv

just as well and Emby will handle it just fine.

Absolutely true.  The title is added in there for easy browsing of files outside Emby.  When I'm feeling lazy while ripping new discs it's something I sometimes skip and there is absolutely no impact to Emby when I do so.

hi Guys,

thanks any advices.

Hi, I would just name your series folder exactly how Moviedb has it named. Please let us know if this helps. thanks.

ngmdat

Hi, I would just name your series folder exactly how Moviedb has it named. Please let us know if this helps. thanks.

thanks for a lot of advice about my question.
Specially Admin,  As your advice, EMBY did not find identify automatically after "Scan Library Files".
can you let me known where is manual document for creating content folder name, content name
with information elements as year, show, season, episode name to searching identify effectlly on themoviedb.org

Specially Admin,  As your advice, EMBY did not find identify automatically after "Scan Library Files".

What exactly happened? Can you please go over the example of exactly what you did? thanks.

ngmdat

What exactly happened? Can you please go over the example of exactly what you did? thanks.

Admin, Thanks for your response,

1) At first, I created TVShow folder and movies contents as:

/media/movies/2020/Zerozerozero (2020)/Zerozerozero (2020) 01.mp4
   /media/movies/2020/Zerozerozero (2020)/Zerozerozero (2020) 08End.mp4

5ec893ed24960_pic1.png

2) After that, executed with Menu [Manage Emby Server] --> Library --> Scan Library Files, but contents ID did not findout

5ec8948674ef1_pic2.png

Edited by ngmdat

jordy

ZeroZeroZero is a TV Series. It's correct title is ZeroZeroZero (2019) according to IMDB or simply ZeroZeroZero according to TVDB.

Make sure that the Emby library is set to TV NOT Movies (/media/movies/2020/Zerozerozero (2020)/Zerozerozero (2020) 01.mp4) and drop the (2020) from the title, set the episode # as 1x01 or s01e01 and you should be good.

• Like 1

ngmdat

ZeroZeroZero is a TV Series. It's correct title is ZeroZeroZero (2019) according to IMDB or simply ZeroZeroZero according to TVDB.

Make sure that the Emby library is set to TV NOT Movies (/media/movies/2020/Zerozerozero (2020)/Zerozerozero (2020) 01.mp4) and drop the (2020) from the title, set the episode # as 1x01 or s01e01 and you should be good.

Thanks jordy,

I will change folder content to [TV shows] as your recommend, but title of content make me a little confused.

5ec9e39aee111_pic3.png

jordy

Thanks jordy,

I will change folder content to [TV shows] as your recommend, but title of content make me a little confused.

5ec9e39aee111_pic3.png

It's an Amazon Show. Amazons own web page for it says 2020. AFAIK however, with TV shows, they do not use the production year in the title, UNLESS, there is another TV show with the exact same name. In that case the production year is used to differentiate.

cheers

• Like 1

Deathsquirrel

It's an Amazon Show. Amazons own web page for it says 2020. AFAIK however, with TV shows, they do not use the production year in the title, UNLESS, there is another TV show with the exact same name. In that case the production year is used to differentiate.

cheers

TVDB has it as 2020 too but as you said, it's entirely unnecessary in this show's case.

@@ngmdat you just need to simplify your naming and make sure that you have this in a TV library.  Using the example from your earlier post, /media/movies/2020/Zerozerozero (2020)/Zerozerozero (2020) 01.mp4, you should have the following:

/media/tv/Zerozerozero/Season 01/Zerozerozero S01E01.mp4

Note that I have removed the 2020 folder as I don't find it useful.  You can use it but if your path were '/media/tv/2020/Zerozerozero/Season 01/Zerozerozero S01E01.mp4' you would want to make sure the folder you added to your library is /media/tv/2020 rather than /media/tv.