Per-Library Default Languagle & Subtitle Settings

Mkilbride

Mkilbride

So basically this. I have TV Shows, Movies, and Anime libraries. For anime; I'd prefer to set the default to Japanese with Subtitles.  For movies, English and no subs unless forced. For TV Shows, the same.  However, Emby only allows one overall setting this for this, for all libraries, instead of just one.

I think it'd be a pretty nice little feature.

• Like 18
  • Agree 10
  • Thanks 1

Hi, yes this has come up before. It's possible for the future. Thanks for the feedback.

• Like 1

Happy2Play

Am I missing something as there are already per library setting for "Preferred metadata download language", "Preferred image download language" and subtitles?

So we have Global which uses your Emby language, per library, and per item.

I think he's referring to the user audio and subtitle preferences.

• 2 weeks later...

+1 for this request.  My wife and I have different preferences for subtitles.  We are currently using multiple user profiles as a workaround, but a per library option would be even better.  

+1 for this request.  My wife and I have different preferences for subtitles.  We are currently using multiple user profiles as a workaround, but a per library option would be even better.  

Hi.  That isn't really a work-around.  That is exactly as designed - we have the ability for different users to have different preferences.

Hi.  That isn't really a work-around.  That is exactly as designed - we have the ability for different users to have different preferences.

To clarify, different users for each library is the workaround.    E.g. Wife1 = Library1 (subtitles on), Wife2 = Library2 (subtitles off), etc

OP's request would allow us to stop swapping profiles for the same user.  

• 11 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Kosmik

My anime is subbed and sometimes I have dubbed dual audio and prefer original with subs.Subsxworks fine but I have to switch audio every episode, would love this feature. 

Mkilbride

Yeah I sure would fall in love with this feature. Same with per show. i.e, "Select Audio track for Show: Japanese" "Select Subtitle for Show: English(Dialogue)"

• Agree 1

Locutus64
On 5/9/2020 at 6:22 AM, Mkilbride said:

So basically this. I have TV Shows, Movies, and Anime libraries. For anime; I'd prefer to set the default to Japanese with Subtitles.  For movies, English and no subs unless forced. For TV Shows, the same.  However, Emby only allows one overall setting this for this, for all libraries, instead of just one.

I'll give this a up vote. I would never use it cause I don't have a need for it, but PLENTY of people do have a need for it.

• 3 weeks later...
point5pnoi

I'll cast my vote as well.  Per library would be very beneficial instead of having to switch audio tracks every episode.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
IamGimli
On 20/04/2022 at 00:33, Mkilbride said:

Yeah I sure would fall in love with this feature. Same with per show. i.e, "Select Audio track for Show: Japanese" "Select Subtitle for Show: English(Dialogue)"

Also the ability to download an extra language for subtitles per show (similar to the way it works on a per episode basis) would be great.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
heciruam

I'd prefer it I if there was the option of setting default audio language depending on the origin of country rather than it being library specific.

• 2 weeks later...