Network Path for Library Help

DarrenClimie-Newman

DarrenClimie-Newman

Hi All.

Wonder if someone can help me please.

I'm running Emby on my QNAP NAS, and I've had to move my movies (2TB worth) to my HP Server on the network, because I'm running out of storage on the NAS, and I've got 10TB available on my HP Server.

I've tried to update the Movies Library i had set up, to use the new Network Location, but it won't find the movies.

The HP Server is 192.168.1.35

The Network Share Path is \\HP-Server\HP Server Storage Disk (only 2 Folders here, Movies 2 and Music)

In the library settings of Emby I've set:

Folder:

(Optional) Shared Network Folder:

HP Server Storage Disk\Movies 2

Its allows me to save the location, so assume the settings at valid.

Is there anything else I need to do, or change a setting?

Does it look right?

Thanks

Darren

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

DarrenClimie-Newman

Hi All.

Wonder if someone can help me please.

I'm running Emby on my QNAP NAS, and I've had to move my movies (2TB worth) to my HP Server on the network, because I'm running out of storage on the NAS, and I've got 10TB available on my HP Server.

I've tried to update the Movies Library i had set up, to use the new Network Location, but it won't find the movies.

The HP Server is 192.168.1.35

The Network Share Path is \\HP-Server\HP Server Storage Disk (only 2 Folders here, Movies 2 and Music)

In the library settings of Emby I've set:

Folder:

(Optional) Shared Network Folder:

HP Server Storage Disk\Movies 2

Its allows me to save the location, so assume the settings at valid.

Is there anything else I need to do, or change a setting?

Does it look right?

Thanks

Darren

jillybean

Just did a test on my QNAP.  I just entered the network folder location in the 'Folder' box ie \\10.0.0.75\Media\TV and this seemed to work ok.  Did you try it this way?

Edited by jillybean

DarrenClimie-Newman

I think I did try that, I think I've tried all combinations... I'll try again....

DarrenClimie-Newman

Doesn't seem to like the full path in Folder....

29d2829ad4276bc74e0810802a2ede59.jpg36353b4a68fe20165aa10f1bf1aae29a.jpg

Edited by DarrenClimie-Newman

DarrenClimie-Newman

Here the path so I know its correct...post-609612-15889752543415_thumb.jpg

jillybean

Sorry, can't really help as my test worked ok.  Only other thing I can think of would be check permissions on the remote folder.

DarrenClimie-Newman

Permissions are full for all users....

Can I ask what version of Firmware are you running on your QNAP?post-609612-15889763649795_thumb.jpg

What I would suggest instead is mounting the network path to a local path using the tools in the qnap os. Then add the new local path into emby instead. Please see if that helps. Thanks.

jillybean

I have QTS 4.4.2.1270 on my TS451+.  The remote folder I added was one on another NAS on my network (Netgear readynas).  I don't have anything 'windows' to test.

DarrenClimie-Newman

What I would suggest instead is mounting the network path to a local path using the tools in the qnap os. Then add the new local path into emby instead. Please see if that helps. Thanks.

Hi

I have mounted this Windows Share in QNAP Hybridmount, however, Emby doesn't seem to want to see mounted paths...

Plex does however.... [emoji19]post-609612-15889773163192_thumb.jpgpost-609612-15889773201586_thumb.jpg

DarrenClimie-Newman

I have QTS 4.4.2.1270 on my TS451+. The remote folder I added was one on another NAS on my network (Netgear readynas). I don't have anything 'windows' to test.

Interestingly... I upgraded 1270 about 3 weeks ago, it broke loads of things including external and internal services, so I had to roll back.

I'm not comfortable going to 1270 again, until QNAP bring the next FW release out.

DarrenClimie-Newman

Have you checked the permissions of the mounted path?

Yes full permissions:

post-609612-15890031455148_thumb.jpg

DarrenClimie-Newman

Anyone with any ideas on this??

I've tried all sorts of reference paths, and nothing seems to work.... :-(

• 1 month later...
On 5/8/2020 at 6:36 PM, DarrenClimie-Newman said:

Hi

I have mounted this Windows Share in QNAP Hybridmount, however, Emby doesn't seem to want to see mounted paths...

Plex does however.... emoji19.pngpost-609612-15889773163192_thumb.jpgpost-609612-15889773201586_thumb.jpg

What is the mounted path in QNAP?

@PenkethBoy have you tried this?

• 4 weeks later...
garegina

Hi I am having the same issue - I have mounted my Win 10 shared folder using Remote Mount (Hybrid mount) and I have successfully mounted it but I don't know how to find its mounted path to add to emby - Can anyone help please

Thanks

Gary

DarrenClimie-Newman

Hi Gary

So, I finally found the path using Plex (which I moved from), as it was able to see the path straight out the box. It was something like/

/mnt/rf/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

However, I rebuilt my network yesterday, and also updated my QNAP firmware to the release from a few days ago. It now doesnt find that location. 

Hybrid Mount in QNAP still mounts the same path on my Win10 machine, it just won't see it now. I wonder if the latest firmware has 'hidden' the Mounted path??

Edited by DarrenClimie-Newman

DarrenClimie-Newman

I'm getting the impression that the latest firmware update on QNAP hides the mounted path for Hybrid Mount.

garegina

Hi Darren I believe I may have found the answer. Check that you have CodexPack installed and if not - install it. I found my hybridmount in /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/CodexPack/share/My Drone Videos. I successfully added that path to Emby. Let me know how you get on ?

21 hours ago, garegina said:

Hi Darren I believe I may have found the answer. Check that you have CodexPack installed and if not - install it. I found my hybridmount in /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/CodexPack/share/My Drone Videos. I successfully added that path to Emby. Let me know how you get on ?

Hi, what is the purpose of installing CodexPack ?

DarrenClimie-Newman

Hi.

I don't need it now, I've increased my NAS Capacity and moved my files back to the NAS from a Windows box.

I already have codexpack installed. That doesn't make any sense, as that app has no relation to HybridMount?

Glad you got yours working.