MB3 and active directory

Airbender

Airbender

Hello

My Boss wanted me to ask this question

Can MB3 be intragated with AD so the user profile and permissions comes from AD ?

The idea is simple when a user get created in AD they have permission and so on so MB3 can be ingrated then we can setup portion of the videos and traning matrials to them

and it will be automated

Thank you very much in advance

sfnetwork

Very interesting!

I would put this as a request... 

Using MB for business training would get a complete different aspect of purpose... I like this a lot...

So basically a LDAP integration just so that MB server could add users from AD...

Web client to access the training, etc.. from LAN or WAN (Home)....

Edited by sfnetwork

crashkelly

For the web client that should be pretty easy to integrate as the logged in user is something that can be read by the browser. I think the challenge would come in with the MB3 user profile as they are created manually.

If the domain user's account credentials are known before hand, as in their account credententials are known (domain\user.name) it could be pre-added to the mb3 user account system and then dealt with using LDAP (or similar)

Some of the software I use at work works exactly like this. It is not fully automated, by the manual portion of the setup is simple and quick.

Not sure if that helps anything or not :)

Cheers

Got beaten to the punch, but at least we were along the same lines ;)

Edited by crashkelly

sfnetwork

I wouldn't try to bring permissions from AD security...

I would make this simple, LDAP integration just to be able to add user in MB profiles (and map credentials) and from there, manually set MB right and a specific default media library.

Edited by sfnetwork

Airbender

See at this moment they are talking about possibly intgrations of MB3 with share point or OneNote and see if it is possible to have complete automations done

i told my boss i will ask about AD but not sure about OneNote and Lync and Sharepoint. They like MB3 so i told them the communitly lack funds and programmers

so they can use Mb3 and all it features but to pull Huge intergartions like that our programmers and admins will need to work on this also. so it is thoughts and talks back and fourth at this moment. It is not fully integrated yet as of now it is running from my Work pc and only my team has access to it and it has few small videos and pics and one book as demo of what MB3 is

Airbender

MediaBrowser 3 business Edition

sound like an intersting idea it is not mine it is Sfnetwork idea or thought , all what i said is I am using Mb3 at work and my boss wanted to know if MB3 can work with AD and his boss the VP of IT wanted to know if MB3 can work with share point , MS Lync , and OneNote , Spicework.

Spicework already said NO i talk them and they are not intersted to work or do anything with MB3

so that the update

Thanks

• Like 1

crashkelly

If the LDAP integration was implemented, I would promote it at my company as well. We do lots of online HSE training and this would be perfect. My office has 350 people, but the company has 50000

Cheers