Guide Data Downloaded for 14 Days, Series Recordings only Scheduled for 7 Days

DarWun
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

DarWun

Update: Nevermind. There is something else at play here. See my follow-up post. @@Luke @@ebr Now that I've spent some time looking at this, I don't think there is an issue here. I was going to delete my post entirely. But I couldn't figure out how to do that. Feel free to do so. 

Original post:

I'm reporting this after updating to Beta 4.5.0.10 on the Synology platform. It may have been an issue for previous versions as well, but I just noticed it now.

Today is May 7. The Live TV Guide has downloaded listings for 14 days covering from May 7 to May 21. This is the number of days of guide data specified to download in the DVR settings. The Live TV Schedule only lists series recordings for new episodes airing from May 7 to May 15. No new episodes airing from May 16 to May 21 are listed. This is the case for all series with new episodes airing from May 16 to May 21. When I check the Guide for the second week of the listings, the new episodes are not marked for recording either.

I'll use Conan as an example. The Live TV schedule shows that there are new episodes that will be recorded on May 14 and May 15.

5eb46d2f7b5ec_Capture1.png

I've confirmed that the series settings have been configured.

5eb470191d318_Capture3.png

The Live TV Guide shows that there is a new episode airing on May 20.

5eb46f1346236_Capture2.png

But it has not been scheduled for recording.

Edited by DarWun

DarWun

The new episodes in the second week that are missing from the list of scheduled shows do not have full episode data. Even though the listing in the Emby guide grid identifies them as "New" episodes, there is no season or episode number listed when I click on the episode. The guide data is being retrieved from the built in Emby Guide data source.

I also have NextPVR installed on my PC with guide data populated from SchedulesDirect. The episode data is missing from the episodes in question as well. So it doesn't appear to be an issue with Emby not retrieving metadata for the TV guide listings. The data simply isn't there to retrieve. 

Even though NextPVR is missing the metadata defining the season and episode numbers, the episodes are still being scheduled for recording. But in Emby they are not. I'm going to guess that NextPVR is using the fact that the episodes are tagged as "New" in the guide listings to make the determination as to whether or not they should be recorded. Whereas Emby requires the Season and Episode numbers be defined in the listings as well.

Edited by DarWun

• Solution

Yes you're exactly right about the guide data.

• Like 1