Nvidia Shield server unsuccesful scan

prunhardt

prunhardt

Hi

Yes, of course. 

As a preparation I closed and restarted the server with the Vacuum Database option set to True.
I followed the steps as described above for the library "TV Series Archive", Series "Star Trek Discovery", with 1 episode in it.
As a client I used the web interface on a PC. The server is on a Nvidia Shield 2017.

After the failed scan I downloaded the server log, you can find it attached.

I rebuilt the database on October 7th, by deleting the library.db file (with server down) and rescanning the libraries, see also above. So the current database is not that old, I'd say.

Many thanks for looking into this.

embyserver.txt

Edited by prunhardt

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
DuOdinson

hi there!
I'm having the same problem here.

I've installed a current version of the server and build my library with folders. everything is fine.
Watch some movies, tv shows, etc. but, if I delete ou modify ANY information on the folder, exemple:

[folder name]
Cruella > Cruella (2021)

the scan don't works anymore.

I use a Nvidia Shield as server and the files are on a RAID5 Drive (works like a NAS, but without the system).

can you help me, please?

embyserver.txt

Hi you're getting SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException errors in your log file.

Try following the guide here to remove the lock files.  This as shown is for a Windows setup but you should be able to find the location of these files on the Shield TV by looking at where other data is stored (path box on web dashboard).

https://support.emby.media/a/solutions/articles/44002210894

bossnass15
23 hours ago, DuOdinson said:

hi there!
I'm having the same problem here.

I've installed a current version of the server and build my library with folders. everything is fine.
Watch some movies, tv shows, etc. but, if I delete ou modify ANY information on the folder, exemple:

[folder name]
Cruella > Cruella (2021)

the scan don't works anymore.

I use a Nvidia Shield as server and the files are on a RAID5 Drive (works like a NAS, but without the system).

can you help me, please?

embyserver.txt 1.72 MB · 1 download

I've installed the 4.6.2 version and I'm getting SQLite errors as well.

If these are the SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException errors you would want to follow the guide above as well.

It may be a bit trickier to find the location holding the database files but the Paths box shown on the web dashboard should get you to the correct area to look for them.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/9/2021 at 10:23 PM, cayars said:

If these are the SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException errors you would want to follow the guide above as well.

It may be a bit trickier to find the location holding the database files but the Paths box shown on the web dashboard should get you to the correct area to look for them.

I'm having the exact same issue on Nvidia Shield TV Pro using the latest 4.703 beta. Foreign Key constraint error and it fails media scan at around 70%++ now. I've followed the steps and check the library.db integrity and there's nothing wrong with it. 

Not sure if there's any fix for this? latest logs attached

embyserver.txt

Edited by Jonz

Hi, have you shut down and removed the 2 files that lock the database?

10 hours ago, cayars said:

Hi, have you shut down and removed the 2 files that lock the database?

@cayarshi, here's the weird thing. I can only see those 2 files library.db-shm & library.db-wal when emby server is running. As soon as i shut it down it disappears. 

That's good about the lock files, but unfortunately you're getting FOREIGN KEY constraint failed message.

If you like zip up and send me your library.db file and let me take a look at it.  Shutdown Emby before zipping up the db file.

2 minutes ago, cayars said:

That's good about the lock files, but unfortunately you're getting FOREIGN KEY constraint failed message.

If you like zip up and send me your library.db file and let me take a look at it.  Shutdown Emby before zipping up the db file.

library.rar@cayarsThere was some duplicate records on the library that cannot be deleted - i've even tried to use sqlite to delete some row of records from the library.db and i am unable to delete it, still comes up with the foreign key issue

Thanks for looking into this. It's mind boggling really.

Do you know what the dupes are or what needs to be deleted?

1 minute ago, cayars said:

Do you know what the dupes are or what needs to be deleted?

If you look at row 409 - 516 , those were all placed in a wrong folder initially and is duplicated. I corrected it later and placed them in the right folder. However, all efforts to scan the database after this fails. 

Happy2Play
21 minutes ago, Jonz said:

If you look at row 409 - 516 , those were all placed in a wrong folder initially and is duplicated. I corrected it later and placed them in the right folder. However, all efforts to scan the database after this fails. 

So you are saying in this example "Goosebumbs" it no longer exists in the 21.2008 folder?

image.thumb.png.43e9b8c72d2e66e5125a56d810bd3bda.png

Happy2Play
12 minutes ago, cayars said:

What table? MediaItems?

Filter Path on mediaitems table with "21.2008.720p.BluRay.x264-x0r".

1 minute ago, Happy2Play said:

So you are saying in this example "Goosebumbs" it no longer exists in the 21.2008 folder?

image.thumb.png.43e9b8c72d2e66e5125a56d810bd3bda.png

Yup, even that row 766 doesn't exist anymore. In fact nothing else is in that parent folder except the listed media as per folder name

12 minutes ago, cayars said:

What table? MediaItems?

Yup in Mediaitems. 

Happy2Play

Best guess is Emby's problem with smb path. But others more familiar with the platform may be able to comment more.

From multiple other topics with smb issues.

On 6/21/2021 at 10:33 AM, Luke said:

Hi, instead of adding the smb path into Emby directly, try mounting it to a local path using the tools in the OS. Then add the local path into Emby Server. Please see if that helps. Thanks.

5 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Best guess is Emby's problem with smb path. But others more familiar with the platform may be able to comment more.

From multiple other topics with smb issues.

I did this the first time round whereby i've mounted the drives on Shield and pointed Emby to that. I'll try it out this way again and see how it goes

Hi.  At any point in time did you move back and forth between beta and release versions of the server?

@Jonz How much content do you have in your libraries?

Roughly how many movies and tv episodes do you have?

Do you have Emby Premier?

Edited by cayars

16 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  At any point in time did you move back and forth between beta and release versions of the server?

Nope, i didn't move between the beta n stable versions. It was a fresh install of server on Shield 

14 hours ago, cayars said:

@Jonz How much content do you have in your libraries?

Roughly how many movies and tv episodes do you have?

Do you have Emby Premier?

@cayars, total content roughly around 3k movies n episodes in total i guess. 

I don't have Emby premiere but I actually purchased Emby back in 2014 before it was transferred to the current Emby development. However i did unlock some features of Emby in 2017 following the first purchase. 

Does Emby premiere affect this issue?

Meanwhile I have switched the library to not point to smb folders and right now it's working. 

OK you essentially did what I was getting at by rebuilding your libs.  I was going to suggest removing the library.db and rebuild from scratch but only if you had Emby Premiere and had a backup so all watched status was preserved.

But it doesn't appear going that far is needed as your switching the smb folders would have removed old entries and created new one so as long as things are now working you should be good to go.

22 minutes ago, cayars said:

OK you essentially did what I was getting at by rebuilding your libs.  I was going to suggest removing the library.db and rebuild from scratch but only if you had Emby Premiere and had a backup so all watched status was preserved.

But it doesn't appear going that far is needed as your switching the smb folders would have removed old entries and created new one so as long as things are now working you should be good to go.

Thanks. Yup, had to try and rebuild it and not point it to the smb folders but rather to the mounted ones on Nvidia Shield. So far so good, i've managed to refresh metadata etc and scanning media files did not fail so far. 

• Like 1