plugin/application updates failed and no Metadata downloading

akirus

akirus

Hallo zusammen,

ich hatte bis jetzt jetzt unterschiedliche Clients mit Kodi laufen und wollte auf Emby wechseln. 

Ich habe den Emby Server auf einer Synlogy DS211+ installiert. Emby Server Version 4.4.2.0

Es sieht aber leider so aus, als könnte Emby nicht nach draußen kommunizieren. 

Im Dashboard habe ich folgende Fehlermeldungen: 

Check for application updates fehlgeschlagen
18.4.2020, 03:08:53 Laufzeit: 11 seconds

Check for plugin updates fehlgeschlagen
18.4.2020, 03:08:53
Laufzeit: 14 seconds

Wenn ich dort auf Info drücke, kommt folgende Fehlermeldung. 

"Error: TrustFailure (Authentication failed, see inner exception.)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.SendAsyncInternal (MediaBrowser.Common.Net.HttpRequestOptions options, System.String httpMethod) [0x00858] in <3605319732a64e8282cfdf09a091f02e>:0
at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.SendAsync (MediaBrowser.Common.Net.HttpRequestOptions options, System.String httpMethod) [0x0009e] in <3605319732a64e8282cfdf09a091f02e>:0
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Updates.InstallationManager.GetAvailablePackagesWithoutRegistrationInfo (System.Boolean enableCache, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancellationToken) [0x000da] in <3605319732a64e8282cfdf09a091f02e>:0
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Updates.InstallationManager.GetAvailablePluginUpdates (System.Version applicationVersion, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancellationToken) [0x000a6] in <3605319732a64e8282cfdf09a091f02e>:0
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.PluginUpdateTask.Execute (System.Threading.CancellationToken cancellationToken, System.IProgress`1[T] progress) [0x000a0] in <3605319732a64e8282cfdf09a091f02e>:0
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal (MediaBrowser.Model.Tasks.TaskOptions options) [0x00195] in <3605319732a64e8282cfdf09a091f02e>:0"

Außerdem bekomme ich keine Metadaten abgefragt, also keine Cover, keine Daten etc. werden bei den Filmen hinterlegt. 

Der Synology User hat Lese/schreib Rechte auf den Video Ordner, die Ports sind weitergeleitet. 

Ich stehe irgendwie auf dem Schlauch und komme nicht weiter.

Hat jemand eine Idee?

Vorab vielen Dank!

• 3 weeks later...
akirus

Hi there,

i'am tyring to use emby server on my Synology DS 211+. But i have some troubles. 

I'am on version 4.4.2.0-1 from https://synology.emby.media (package center) 

On my dashboard there are some errors like "Check for plugin updates failed" and "Check for application updates failed" and there is no way to get metadata in my movies.

I've tried the MacOS serverversion on my macbook and there is no problem. 

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Logfile attached. 

emby_log.txt

mythodeia

do you have the dsm firewall enabled? i had a similar issue and this got resolved after disabling firewall

do you have the dsm firewall enabled? i had a similar issue and this got resolved after disabling firewall

Interesting, thanks for the feedback. @@akirus Emby Server is being blocked from sending outgoing requests. Typical causes of this are firewall, security software, or VPN. You may want to look at DSM firewall. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

akirus

Hi mythodeia,

hi Luke, 

that was my first thought too. For testing I deactivate the synology firewall totaly. Nothing changed. 

There are no other security software or VPN on my synology. 

mythodeia

just for the sake of it did you reboot your NAS?

I know it should not be necessary but have a try.

Quick queation: are you using correct permissions in your shared folder for the emby user?

mythodeia

Another thing you could try is to disable the quickconnect.

Do you have any certificates created;

I see this in your log:

Application directory: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/releases/4.4.2.0

System.Net.WebException: System.Net.WebException: Error: TrustFailure (Authentication failed, see inner exception.) ---> System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: Authentication failed, see inner exception. ---> Mono.Btls.MonoBtlsException: Ssl error:1000007d:SSL routines:OPENSSL_internal:CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED

K1ng_Lear

What kind of router are you using. In more advanced systems you can define outbound rules and maybe is there a conflict.

akirus

just for the sake of it did you reboot your NAS?

I know it should not be necessary but have a try.

Quick queation: are you using correct permissions in your shared folder for the emby user?

Yes, i did a reboot after change the seetings. 

emby user have read/write permission. 

akirus

Another thing you could try is to disable the quickconnect.

Do you have any certificates created;

I see this in your log:

Application directory: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/releases/4.4.2.0

System.Net.WebException: System.Net.WebException: Error: TrustFailure (Authentication failed, see inner exception.) ---> System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: Authentication failed, see inner exception. ---> Mono.Btls.MonoBtlsException: Ssl error:1000007d:SSL routines:OPENSSL_internal:CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED

I disabled quickconnect. Still the same problems with emby. 

I have only the synology.com certificate. 

akirus

What kind of router are you using. In more advanced systems you can define outbound rules and maybe is there a conflict.

Router is AVM Fritzbox 7560. I think there are no special outbound rules. 

akirus

can you check this too?

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/78906-ssl-trustfailure-downloading-metadata-etc/?fromsearch=1

I remember I did something we the permissions of the ssl too but that I did not keep note

I saw this thread too, but I'am not using Docker. I have installed the official synology packagecenter version. Where can I see/find the permissions of my ssl? 

mythodeia

I was not using docker too. I installed through the Synology community package

You have to connect to the Synology using ssh but I do not have more info for this as I did not keep any notes as I was doing this

akirus

Can someone confirm that the SSL needs to be modified? And know what to change? 

@@Luke You spoke about this topic in the mentioned thread. 

For outgoing requests you just need to make sure Emby Server can access the internet. If you're using a VPN such as Synology quick connect I would try turning that off.

akirus

For outgoing requests you just need to make sure Emby Server can access the internet. If you're using a VPN such as Synology quick connect I would try turning that off.

Quick connect is disabled and I have no VPN.

• 2 weeks later...
Krycek

Hello,

I am facing the very same issue and am looking for a solution.

@@akirus : did you eventually solved it ? If so, could you please share with us ?

@@Luke : I have EmbySrvr setup on a Synology.

• When checking the app on the NAS, it tells me it is running properly 4.4.2.0-1 version (and I tried several times rebooting it).
  • When checking EmbySrvr App, it tells me being up to date, both LAN and WAN links do work.

However I have 3 major issues (if not the same) :

1. No metadata retrieval possible (even with IMDB tags, search returns empty when identifying medias)
  2. No catalog loading for extensions within EmbySrvr dashboard
  3. Application update issue (see below error message)

Error: NameResolutionFailure
at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.SendAsyncInternal (MediaBrowser.Common.Net.HttpRequestOptions options, System.String httpMethod) [0x00858] in <3605319732a64e8282cfdf09a091f02e>:0
at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.SendAsync (MediaBrowser.Common.Net.HttpRequestOptions options, System.String httpMethod) [0x001f4] in <3605319732a64e8282cfdf09a091f02e>:0
at MediaBrowser.Common.Updates.GithubUpdater.CheckForUpdateResult (System.String organzation, System.String repository, System.Version minVersion, MediaBrowser.Model.Updates.PackageVersionClass updateLevel, System.String assetFilename, System.String packageName, System.String targetFilename, System.TimeSpan cacheLength, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancellationToken) [0x000f6] in <67c56985d978450b9853751f50ed66f3>:0
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ApplicationHost.CheckForApplicationUpdate (System.Threading.CancellationToken cancellationToken, System.IProgress`1[T] progress) [0x00157] in <3605319732a64e8282cfdf09a091f02e>:0
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.SystemUpdateTask.Execute (System.Threading.CancellationToken cancellationToken, System.IProgress`1[T] progress) [0x00086] in <3605319732a64e8282cfdf09a091f02e>:0
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal (MediaBrowser.Model.Tasks.TaskOptions options) [0x00195] in <3605319732a64e8282cfdf09a091f02e>:0

So from what I think it seems like EmbySrvr cannot connect the oustide world, right ?

What I tried :

• Rebooting the NAS, the EmbySrvr.
  • I removed every app that I installed on the Synology, eventually having it running only for Emby + media storage.
  • Checked in Emby, I don't have MediaBrowser extension installed (read that earlier in this thread).
  • No firewall active on NAS, no VPN.

How can I check where this fails ? Which log would you like me (maybe) to post ?

Thanks in advance for your support !

Edit : typos

Edited by Krycek

akirus

No, I tried everything. Still the same errors. I think it had something to do with the Emby SSL certificate and/or the Mono.Net.Security Runtime. 

"OPENSSL_internal:CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED" 

But that is something that I can't fix. 

Which Synology NAS do you use? 

Krycek

I am using DS216j.

However I must say I am lost in all network setup, my school courses are 15+ years behind me on the matter.

So I do not know what I should setup on Emby/Synology/Internet Box to ensure all goes flawlessly. Though all of it should be out of the box setup...

• 3 weeks later...