No photos shown when connected via GSuite Drive

Mike_Scott23

Mike_Scott23

Hi all,

I have a GSuite account which I use RClone to upload my files to. I have mounted a new drive on my laptop (X:) and am able to upload video files with no issues.

However, there is an issue when uploading folders containing both video and photo files (.jpeg). where they are not showing up.

Here are the steps I took to upload these folders into Gdrive:

1) Using RClone Browser, Upload "Pictures" folder into GSuite Drive

2) In Emby,select "Home videos and Photos" and point it to the mounted drive (X:\)

3) Scanned and refresh meta data

4) No photos nor video files appear

Strangely, when I upload the same folder directly from my desktop, meaning upload the files from my laptop path (C:\Me\Pictures), all photos and videos appear with no issues.

I have checked all permissions, there were no hidden folders nor photos that were private that could have caused this (referencing the other photos error thread).

Separately, on Plex, doing the Rclone+Gdrive setup did not any issues at all.

Your advice is muchly appreciated!

Pic1 = Folder uploaded and synced to emby directly from C:\Me\Pictures shows all items appearing

Pic2 = Folder uploaded and synced to emby through RClone shows nothing

post-646669-0-30556100-1588781010_thumb.png

post-646669-0-29294700-1588781015_thumb.png

Hi there, can you please attach the emby server log from the library scan with the X: drive? Thanks.

How many emby libraries have you created and what folders did you add to each one?

Mike_Scott23

How many emby libraries have you created and what folders did you add to each one?

Hi Luke, I created 2 libraries. 1 strictly for movies, the other is the test folder mentioned above containing a mix of pictures and video clips.

The movie library is able to display all movies and details perfectly along with their metadata. I tried adding photos to the movies library and it does not show either.

• 2 weeks later...
Mike_Scott23

Hi Luke, do you have any advise on this or configuration on my end that requires some tweaking? Thanks in advance!

Mike_Scott23

What folder paths did you add to each library?

For the Home Videos and Photos:

X:\Test Folder

No images nor videos shown

For Movie files:

X:\

All movies show up.

Could it be a GDrive + Using RCloneBrowser with Encryption issue?

The issue is you can't create a library that is a subfolder of another library. That is something that we'd like to accommodate but we're not quite there yet. So instead you'd have to do something like:

X:\Movies
X:\Test Folder