Node-RED

fizzyade

fizzyade

Following on from another topic where I was asking about the API, I have now converted my Node-RED function nodes into proper Nodes, I’m now just fleshing out the Emby node and fingering out what else might be useful.

Anybody else use Node-RED and/or is interested in controlling/querying Emby with it?  What sort of stuff would be useful for you?

I’m also in the process of hacking a HDMI switch to make it wifi controlled and once again, willl use this to switch the shield between the TV and the Projector....in addition things like dropping the projector screen and so forth automatically!

I’ll publish the first version of the Emby node sometime this week.

• Like 1

rechigo

I am interested, could you give some examples of what your node-red Emby integration would give us?

fizzyade

I am interested, could you give some examples of what your node-red Emby integration would give us?

Anything that’s in the API could be done.  

I’m using it for displaying messages on the screen (sleep timer & sonos), but I guess you could do things like set the color of a light if anybody is currently watching anything, you could have a physical button to play something specific or choose a random film to watch etc.   Maybe a physical button to scan your libraries.

I’m sure there are many more useful things that could be done, but the message display has been a game changer here for us, the integration of that with node red is worth the price of admission alone!

• 4 weeks later...
the1poet

Following on from another topic where I was asking about the API, I have now converted my Node-RED function nodes into proper Nodes, I’m now just fleshing out the Emby node and fingering out what else might be useful.

Anybody else use Node-RED and/or is interested in controlling/querying Emby with it?  What sort of stuff would be useful for you?

I’m also in the process of hacking a HDMI switch to make it wifi controlled and once again, willl use this to switch the shield between the TV and the Projector....in addition things like dropping the projector screen and so forth automatically!

I’ll publish the first version of the Emby node sometime this week.

Hey, any update on the Emby node? I've tried using the webhook api, but it's hit and miss. The web node in node red works fine, it's just the web hook works like 10% of the time.

Looking at the last version of webhook, it hasn't been updated in quite some time.

Did you need some testers?

Hey, any update on the Emby node? I've tried using the webhook api, but it's hit and miss. The web node in node red works fine, it's just the web hook works like 10% of the time.

Looking at the last version of webhook, it hasn't been updated in quite some time.

Did you need some testers?

Hi there, what webhook are you trying to use?