Live TV not playing on Samsung E Series

icevenom

icevenom

Helllo

I have the Emby app installed on my Samsung ES8000 TV and launch it via the smart hub, Everything works great on it like tv shows and movies and they play perfectly fine. I have now configured Emby to use live tv through a tuner proxy for a m3u file, The channels and EPG all oad ok in the app and i can browse around, but when i go to launch a channel it just comes up with loading in the top right, freezes for a few seconds and then nothing happens. The loading continuously stays there but i can move the cursor around and navigate through the menus.

I thought it might be an issue with the tuner proxy, so I have also tried a m3u file directly into Emby, but I get the same problem on the tv app, I tried it on my Samsung android app and the live tv works perfectly fine.

on the log on the tv app, it just shows the below:

video: loading BBC ONE HD

video: find media streams

video: Audio play default track setting: true

video: audio language preference setting:

video: subtitle preference: default

video: subtitle language:

video: no default video index found - use first video index:0

And thats all I get

Not sure what log files to look at on the server or how to decipher them, Im new to Emby so dont know what to look out for.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi, is this the old community app? How did you install the app?

icevenom

Yes thats the one, i followed the instruction that were on the Emby website for Samsung E seriest tv. I enabled the developer login and installed it from.the IP address that was given. App installed fine and tv shows/movies stream and play fine from my library. Its just the live tv that doesnt.

@@SamES

SamES

I will have to setup my old box and test LiveTV.  Not something I've ever tried to be honest.  Unless @@FrostByte has tried this, but I don't think he uses LiveTV.

I assume you're in a region where the store version of the app is not available?

FrostByte

I will have to setup my old box and test LiveTV.  Not something I've ever tried to be honest.  Unless @@FrostByte has tried this, but I don't think he uses LiveTV.

I assume you're in a region where the store version of the app is not available?

No, never used Livetv either .  I don't think the store version is available for 2012s, but could be wrong

• Like 1

icevenom

Im in the UK, didnt know there was a store version, dont think there is for the E series Samsungs unless there is a 3rd party app that it works through? @@SamES

SamES

No, never used Livetv either .  I don't think the store version is available for 2012s, but could be wrong

Yeah, you're right, we could only submit this for 2013 and up

• 1 month later...
SamES

@icevenom, sorry, this took longer than I expected to get to.

I can't get any channels to play, but I do recall that LiveTV was never officially released in this app.  It was created in the beta, but wasn't enabled in the release version.

When development ceased and only the release version was made available, LiveTV was enabled on request with the caveat that it wasn't fully developed, so it basically came 'as-is' with. no further development planned.

I even found the original post

Sorry, I know that doesn't really solve it for you. 

• Like 1