FR- Server - Subtitles upload

Pelon

Pelon

We can already download subtitles, the issue is that some subtitles are not currently on the database.

We probably have already ripped many subtitles into our databases in multiple languages.

I suggest an optional opt in, that will allow to upload the subtitles (I know that it can only work if they are ripped as a separate file)

This way we can all have a more robust library

Koleckai Silvestri

Best option is probably to create an account at opensubtitles.org and contribute through the system they have in place. That is where subtitles are currently downloaded from.

the server core is generic and supports any subtitle provider, it just so happens that we include OSS out of the box. 

We could potentially add upload features, if there's demand for it. Just not sure how much there will be.

Pelon

Thanks, I was just making a suggestion to enable easier collaboration.

I can see the same thing if/when chapter downloads are available.

We all do a lot of work to get our setups the way we want then, I'm just thinking of ways we can all share that work.

This is similar to the way video/audio themes work now on Radeon's plug-ins

This is similar to the way video/audio themes work now on Radeon's plug-ins

For subtitles with integration to something like opensubtitles.org this would probably be okay but I want to be clear that MB does not support the sharing of copyrighted material through its systems.