Hardware acceleration failed(emby run as a docker container)

kriser

20 hours ago, sittingmongoose said:

@Lukehaving an issue with getting hardware transcoding working.  I used to have nvidia as an option under advanced, but now no matter what i do i cant get quicksync or nvidia to show up.  I even wiped the docker and all data thinking maybe something got messed up.

I am running a 9900k, p2000 on Unraid 6.9.2, using emby server 4.6.34.  Plex sees my p2000 fine and so does Tdarr.

I have tried linux server emby docker beta, and the emby offcial beta docker.  Both give the same results.  I can ls and see the igpu fine.

Things ive tried for Nvidia.  I added --runtime=nvidia, the visible devices variable and device capabilities variable.  These are the settings that work for plex and tdarr.  

Things ive tried for Intel.  I added --device=/dev/dri and i also tried adding it as a device.

Both options give the same result.  There are no options in my advanced section of transcoders.  I am no longer able to use the Emby official beta docker because now I get an error saying port 1900 is already being used.  I get around this by removing that variable in the linux server docker.

Hi there, please take a look at this and see if it helps:

Thanks.

sittingmongoose
8 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi there, please take a look at this and see if it helps:

Thanks.

That does not help.  I cant get either IGPU nor Nvidia to work.  I am able to get them to work in other dockers though.  I have tried just using nvidia settings, and tried just using intel settings.

Perhaps its an issue with the container image I am using.  Any ideas how to fix emby's official docker giving an error for port 1900 in use?  I believe it's for dlna.

6 minutes ago, sittingmongoose said:

That does not help.  I cant get either IGPU nor Nvidia to work.  I am able to get them to work in other dockers though.  I have tried just using nvidia settings, and tried just using intel settings.

Perhaps its an issue with the container image I am using.  Any ideas how to fix emby's official docker giving an error for port 1900 in use?  I believe it's for dlna.

I can't provide a definitive answer about containers built by others, but I can say that many are successfully following that procedure for our official container. Regarding the 1900 port, please start a new topic:

Thanks.

sittingmongoose
29 minutes ago, Luke said:

I can't provide a definitive answer about containers built by others, but I can say that many are successfully following that procedure for our official container. Regarding the 1900 port, please start a new topic:

Thanks.

I was able to resolve the nvidia and port issue by wiping everything, and downloading the official emby docker beta.  Looks like the linux server one doesnt work.

Now I cant get intel igpu sorted out...