Jumping in more episodes

serpi
Go to solution Solved by serpi,

serpi

Hi,

this happens now for some versions of the tizen App (and it also happens on ET for windows).

If you enter a episode, you get a row of "more from this season" episodes below the poster/description.

It used to work some time ago (AFAIR), when you entered that row, that the focus was set to the first unseen episode of that season (which was fine).

Now it always jumps to the first episode of the season, so you have to scroll all the way right to get to the unwatched episodes of the season (which are normally, what I want to see).

If this was changed intentionally, because someone thought it would be a good idea, please revert it back or make ii at least an option, how it works.

Thanks & Ciao, Alfred

FrostByte

I don't think anyone requested that particular row jump to the first item, but there was a request that rows for chapters, actors, etc jump to the first item instead of the item which was directly below the one you were currently sitting.  The row you're talking about though makes more sense to NOT go to the first item, but to the first unwatched item.

• Like 1

Yes it's something that can be improved. Thanks for the feedback.

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
serpi

Great, this is broken again in version 1.0.95/1.0.96.

It now jumps to whatever epiusode is there, not anymore to the first unseen episode.

Ciao, Alfred

4 hours ago, serpi said:

Great, this is broken again in version 1.0.95/1.0.96.

It now jumps to whatever epiusode is there, not anymore to the first unseen episode.

Ciao, Alfred

Hi there, what do you mean exactly? Can you please give an example? Thanks.

serpi
On 5/16/2021 at 5:54 PM, Luke said:

Hi there, what do you mean exactly? Can you please give an example? Thanks.

Let's say you have watched two episode from season 1 of a show.

Next up on home screen now shows S1E3.

Now enter the episode, below is the "more from season" row.

If you now go down to the row, focus is set to whatever episode is below cursor (for example episode 5) instead of the first unseen epiode (episode 3), as it used to be before version 1.0.95.

Ciao Alfred

OK I guess i'm not surprised. There was never really any special behavior there. In other words, you enter the screen and the play button initially has focus. You click down from that and then whichever one is closest to the play button is going to receive focus. It's something we can look at improving but that's more or less how it's always been.

serpi
20 hours ago, Luke said:

OK I guess i'm not surprised. There was never really any special behavior there. In other words, you enter the screen and the play button initially has focus. You click down from that and then whichever one is closest to the play button is going to receive focus. It's something we can look at improving but that's more or less how it's always been.

Just look at this topic and my first post.

It used to work the way, that it jumped to the first unseen episode, that it was broken and jumped to the first episode, then it worken again with 1.0.83 and now it's broken again with 1.0.95+.

So it seems there was some special behaviour, that was changed to some other special behaviour, then it was changed back to the right special behaviour but now it's broken and doesn't do anything special anymore.

So please revert it back again.

Ciao, Alfred

There was never any special behavior. It was more luck than anything else. But yes we could always look at improving it by adding special behavior.

serpi
On 5/18/2021 at 8:49 PM, Luke said:

There was never any special behavior. It was more luck than anything else. But yes we could always look at improving it by adding special behavior.

So the fix in 1.0.83 was just a happy little accident?

Jqsx6zeW_400x400.jpg

Please call Bob Ross to fix it again!