Download Photos ?

KtuluKane

KtuluKane

Running uptown date emby server on linux.

Using Emby app on samsung A70.

Have premium.

I click the download option for a photo. It says downloading....enter manage downloads and it is sitting there with "waiting to transfer".

Am I missing something obvious ?

Many thanks in advance to your collective wisdom.

Hi there, what version number of Emby Server and what version of the emby android app? Thanks.

KtuluKane

Hi Luke

Emby Server 4.4.2.0

Emby Android app 3.1.19

Edit: also having photos waiting to download also blocks the downloading of music. I have to remove the photo download for the music to start.

Edited by KtuluKane

Hi, please try again with the next update to the app. Thanks.

• 2 months later...
al92780

Download mislead me for awhile, until I figured out it really means “Make available offline”.  Is there a way to download, on
the device running EMBY,  such that there is access to the file when EMBY  is not running?
thks

al

Well you can grant access to a user to download (user->Profile tab) and then using a web browser click the MORE button on a movie detail page to download, not "download to".

Kind of confusing terminology since sync was renamed.  To me "download" means to get a copy that is stand alone while "sync" means there is still a relationship to the server.

al92780

Using a browser on iMAC or IOS, a Download resulted in the photo being placed in Apples File app in the Download folder.

But this what you asked for correct? You wanted to be able to download media correct?

On 7/22/2020 at 8:48 PM, al92780 said:

Using a browser on iMAC or IOS, a Download resulted in the photo being placed in Apples File app in the Download folder.

That's expected behavior for the browser. Try downloading it using our app.