Remember me on Roku

gmtearne49

gmtearne49

Hi guys, I don't have a Roku so I might be missing something, but in my android apps when I log in I have an option to tick/untick remember me.

This is useful because I have a kids account which has only G and OF rated content available. But the adult accounts have access to R rated content.

I advised my gf to log out and log in again but unselect remember me so that when the app closed they'd be forced to log into their respective accounts again on next launch.

I watched her log out and then on her log in screen there was no remember me option on the roku interface.

This is problematic because the TV is shared with her niece and I noticed she was watching emby while my gf was at work. Luckily it was via the kids account as that was the last account used.

However it creates an issue where if my gf uses her account and forgets to manually log out, her young niece would inadvertently access age inappropriate content without supervision.

And for those who want to criticise a child being "alone", she isn't lol. My gf lives downstairs in her family's home and niece likes to wonder downstairs and use her living room when she isn't around, but her parents are just upstairs!

Hi.  This setting is found in the settings screen in the app (same place you are logging out and in from).  It is on by default so just go to the setting and turn it off.

Please let us know if this answers your question.

Thanks.

amack

I have a related question.  Can I have the Roku app behave like the WMC app where I can have it always login with a default user user every time it starts?  I can login as a different user but the next time I login its back to the default user?  Right now its either pick a user every time or the last user is automatically logged in.  If I should make a new post let me know.

I have a related question.  Can I have the Roku app behave like the WMC app where I can have it always login with a default user user every time it starts?  I can login as a different user but the next time I login its back to the default user?  Right now its either pick a user every time or the last user is automatically logged in.  If I should make a new post let me know.

Hi.  Not at this time but I agree that this is a nice feature for a shared device so it may be possible in the future.