Automated Tagging

Steve86

1 hour ago, rbjtech said:

When I looked at this a while back, pretty sure the tags in the db was just a single field with ; separated items - so I assume you could add multiple tags this way - let me check ...

edit

Apologies - it's a <space>vertical bar/ASCII-124<space>

tag.PNG

👍oh! Hey! You know the physical database?

Awesome! I have a question for you later! Something has been plauging my setup for months, and I cant fix it!

rbjtech

Hi @chef - yes the tag field is in the Mediaitems table in the main library.db 

tag2.PNG

Edited by rbjtech
  • Like 1

PenkethBoy

unless you are going to access the db directly - thats not valid as it needs to be comma separated for the api

• Like 1

Okay, I think I I have it setup properly.

Main config page has a select box to choose the media type you want.

A second select box appears with either a list of movies or series.

There is a add button which opens a dialog box with options specific to series or movies.

Movies dialog is pretty straight forward, with just the tag editor.

The series is slight more complicated, with the ability to edit at all three levels or individually.

I'll code it up after the darned home schooling is complete.

Grade 1 is so simple it's hard 😂🤣😂🤣

Edited by chef

1 minute ago, ebr said:

Do NOT do that :) .

No intention to. Everything is through the API. Not to worry.

PenkethBoy
8 minutes ago, ebr said:

Do NOT do that :) .

it easy enough to do and nothing wrong with doing it if you know what you are doing

so 99%+ of people should not try

• Haha 1

Just now, PenkethBoy said:

and nothing wrong with doing it if you know what you are doing

He is talking about writing an application/plug-in.  In that instance, you should NEVER directly access the database.

I'm still having instance of duplicated items in the library.db.

Removing drives, scanning, and adding back won't stop it from happening. 

That is why I was interested in access the file directly. However that is a topic for another thread 🙂

Edited by chef

rbjtech
26 minutes ago, chef said:

That is why I was interested in access the file directly. However that is a topic for another thread 🙂

Yep - lets take that offline - if the API uses CSV that writes it to the DB then yes of course that's the correct way to do it.

to note - The DB needs some sort of commit to see manual changes made, as when I was originally playing (with a copy..) I could not see any changes in the db file until I gracefully shutdown emby and re-loaded. 

PenkethBoy

the db is locked when emby is live - so you cant access the db

and no the api does not use csv's

19 minutes ago, PenkethBoy said:

the db is locked when emby is live - so you cant access the db

You said the API takes the tags as comma separated values. I think that's all he means by CSV in this context.

2 hours ago, PenkethBoy said:

unless you are going to access the db directly - thats not valid as it needs to be comma separated for the api

Edited by roaku
  • Like 1

rbjtech

18 minutes ago, PenkethBoy said:

Which one is it ? 

4 hours ago, chef said:

Happens to me also from time to time. The detail screen will show multiple listings but SPLIT does nothing.  You have to move the file/folder out of the library, rescan library and then move back to fix it.

I think I've figured out the cause on my system anyway.  Using DrivePool moving files from one drive to another and a scan happens Emby will see 2 versions of the file being reported through the OS (DrivePool bug IMHO).

• Like 1

rbjtech

comma separated in the post to the api - so not a csv

I'm fully aware of that - but csv is a delimiter format, it has nothing to do with a file type - you cannot just use the term 'csv' and assume it is a file !

... anyways - all good - we all trying to improve things here... 👍

PenkethBoy

obviously not as the http uses json format or xml for legacy support - usually in the body of the post to the api

you brought up the term csv - so that where the confusion on you part came from

6 hours ago, PenkethBoy said:

obviously not as the http uses json format or xml for legacy support - usually in the body of the post to the api

you brought up the term csv - so that where the confusion on you part came from

You said the values needed to be comma separated.

Then misinterpreted him agreeing with you as disagreement.

Now you're disagreeing with his explanation for how he was agreeing with you.

Maybe just stop?

day two LOL! why is this taking me so long. LOL.

tageditor5.thumb.png.8ffcb85b277e03fd17764f5fa7ae591c.png

We definitely need an alpha-picker. Loading all the movies from a library into a select box at once is less then desirable.

The dialog box is close to being complete... I'm just going to let my kids play Fortnite all day, so I can get a good portion of this complete. 😂

Fortnite the best babysitter! 😬

• Haha 1

rbjtech

Hi @chef - Just trying to understand the logic here so forgive me if I'm misunderstanding. 

If I needed to set tag's on more than one item - it's likely those items are all related in some way - maybe genre, maybe resolution, maybe rating etc.  I don't *think* it would be done by Movie Name ?  

As an example - I want to tag all my Dolby Atmos titles - I don't know from a list of Movie Titles which ones I now need to tag.  It may be better to pick the attributes first (where possible) and THEN sort by movie title - where you have a much smaller list to pick from - or select all if that's what you want ?  In this example, I would only see all the title with Tru-HD Audio for example - of those, a subset may have Atmos - and it's those I wish to tag.

Just throwing ideas out there - I'm not as clever as you coding guys !

5 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

Hi @chef - Just trying to understand the logic here so forgive me if I'm misunderstanding. 

If I needed to set tag's on more than one item - it's likely those items are all related in some way - maybe genre, maybe resolution, maybe rating etc.  I don't *think* it would be done by Movie Name ?  

As an example - I want to tag all my Dolby Atmos titles - I don't know from a list of Movie Titles which ones I now need to tag.  It may be better to pick the attributes first (where possible) and THEN sort by movie title - where you have a much smaller list to pick from - or select all if that's what you want ?  In this example, I would only see all the title with Tru-HD Audio for example - of those, a subset may have Atmos - and it's those I wish to tag.

Just throwing ideas out there - I'm not as clever as you coding guys !

Okay. 

Then select box's are not the best solution here.

We need to fill tables with items and the appropriate data. 

rbjtech

Possibly - I certainly don't wait to de-rail what you have done.

The 'filter' option in emby is effectively what I think we need to build on.  So as an example - I want to tag all the 4K movies - so I pick '4K' and all my 4K movies appear - great - I now want to tag them all or maybe have the option to only tag individual items - not sure here.

The 'filter' options we have are currently limited - but if your code could present expanded options (HD Audio as an example), then I think this is how people want to mass tag ?

I could be totally wrong lol - need some more input here from others !

filter.PNG

• Like 1

PenkethBoy
1 hour ago, roaku said:

You said the values needed to be comma separated.

Then misinterpreted him agreeing with you as disagreement.

Now you're disagreeing with his explanation for how he was agreeing with you.

Maybe just stop?

nope both wrong

• Like 1