Content straight up doesn't play on Apple TV app

LiquidAurum

LiquidAurum

I have an apple tv 4k, and using emby with the free liscence I'm having an issue where I'm trying to play my Emby files on Apple TV and it doesn't even want to play. I'm thinking now is it because I have to own Emby Premiere?

vdatanet

I have an apple tv 4k, and using emby with the free liscence I'm having an issue where I'm trying to play my Emby files on Apple TV and it doesn't even want to play. I'm thinking now is it because I have to own Emby Premiere?

What type of files are you trying to play? Emby Premiere is not required for Emby for Apple TV. Well, if you need Live TV or hardware transcoding, then you will need Premiere.

Hi there, can you please attach the emby server log from when you tried to play? Thanks.

Hi there, what are you clicking play on, and on what screen? This log doesn't appear to contain any playback attempts. thanks !

LiquidAurum

Trying to play some mp3 lectures on the apple tv. The one minute trial works fine on my iPhone and other devices just not emby

Hi.  Can you please tell us (or show with a picture) exactly what you are clicking on and what is happening?

Thanks.

LiquidAurum

So I go into the emby app on the Apple TV, and I will click on the lectures, and when I select the file and click play, literally nothing happens. Doesn't error, doesn't blink, or even show loading icon. Just sits there.

"Lectures" is a library of what type?

Exactly how are you "select[ing] the file and click[ing] play"?  You hit select on the remote on one of the tiles, get a detail screen and hit select on the remote on the "Play" button on screen?  Or some other way?

Thanks.

LiquidAurum

I tried library type of both audiobooks and music. As far as playing I hit the select button on Apple TV remote on both the file and play button when it would show me the play button on screen

Can you show us some screen shots of what you see?

Also, do these work in the web app?