Sync watched status without monthly subscriptions

Molly_kinetic

Molly_kinetic

Hello, I want to fully migrate from Plex to Emby.  I have attempted a full migration twice over the years and have always hit roadblocks.  I already have a plex lifetime sub and may purchase an emby lifetime sub depending on how this goes but i'm not signing up to any rolling monthly subscriptions for any service.

I am almost there this time but have two issues

1) Sync watched status from Plex to Emby

2) Migrate large library of custom tags from plex to emby

Issue 1 is one of cost, I am aware of the Trakt method however I'm simply not paying 5 USD month to trakt just to sync watched status.  What i need is a one off method that is free.  It should be as simply as extracting from the plex database and importing into the correct place in the emby database however I have not found a method to do this yet.

Does anyone have any experience with syncing watched status without paying Trakt?

Issue 2: I have a large library of content that I have produced for my work, my own films, my own editing and have manually added tags to each clip to make them easier to search for.  There are no agents that will find these videos on any online source because they are not publicly available.  Think of it like security camera recordings or a series of adverts that I made for my company.

I need to get this library over to emby with the tags, without tags it's useless.  

I'd appreciate any leads or pointers on how to achieve these seemingly simple and common tasks.

Thanks

MK

Molly_kinetic

Nice one Wilhelm, thats more or less what I was looking for.  Thanks for your help

• Like 2