Emby prevents QNAP NAS to go into the standby mode

tmysik

I do. Actually, it is even worse now. Even if I have those 2 plugins (DLNA + Port Mapper) installed, I have to restart Emby in order to be able to connect to it and use it. This happens not every day but very often. I was not able to find the exact cause/rule why it happens.

3 hours ago, tmysik said:

I do. Actually, it is even worse now. Even if I have those 2 plugins (DLNA + Port Mapper) installed, I have to restart Emby in order to be able to connect to it and use it. This happens not every day but very often. I was not able to find the exact cause/rule why it happens.

Can you please attach the emby server log from when this happened? Thanks.

BTW I tried to connect via browser and the connection was refused (mobile app showed the "welcome" screen where one can select server, etc.).

Just to complete the information:

- my QNAP NAS is automatically turned off at ~12am

- my QNAP NAS is automatically turned on at ~6am

Formerly (older versions of Emby, not sure if 4.2- or 4.1-), this worked without any problem.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

@Luke Unfortunately, just happened to me again, with version 4.5.0. NAS went into the standby mode during the day, now, it started once I connected to it via my Android QNAP app. But Emby was not working, I had to manually restart it.

18 minutes ago, tmysik said:

@Luke Unfortunately, just happened to me again, with version 4.5.0. NAS went into the standby mode during the day, now, it started once I connected to it via my Android QNAP app. But Emby was not working, I had to manually restart it.

Can you please attach a new server log from that? Thanks.

I don't understand.

The problem is not that QNAP is not going to the stand-by mode. It does. The problem is that once it wakes up (because I connect to its Samba, for example), Emby server "does not run" (I cannot connect to it). All other services are working fine. Once I restart Emby, it works again.

You gave me 7 server log files to look at. That's a lot of information, that's why I'm asking What date and time did you expect the machine sleep but it did not? 

This way I can just look at that one specific log file. Thanks.

I see now, sorry. In such a case, I am not sure and will let you know next time once I attach logs again. I will provide exact time when I woke up my NAS again.

Ha, you are right! I have misused this thread. Should I start a new one? This one can be closed since it already works.

Thank you and sorry for inconveniences, my bad.

• Like 1