Remote Connection Help

rayrayvenom

rayrayvenom

I am in need of some help. I have tried to get my remote connection going with no luck. I have port forwarded, turned off all firewalls, dmz my computer and still no luck. I do have a isp modem/router connected before my router but I have that setup in passthrough mode. I am not really sure to go from here. I did have the server worked but recently moved it onto a new pc. Thanks ahead of time.

Happy2Play

I am in need of some help. I have tried to get my remote connection going with no luck. I have port forwarded, turned off all firewalls, dmz my computer and still no luck. I do have a isp modem/router connected before my router but I have that setup in passthrough mode. I am not really sure to go from here. I did have the server worked but recently moved it onto a new pc. Thanks ahead of time.

If it worked before it sounds like router configs need to updated, or every starting over.  Using your forum information I can see only port 443 is open when looking at a site like https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

But we would need to break it down by network device as you do have 2 routes.

Happy2Play

Would changing my port over to 443 solve the issue?

Not unless all port forwarding was in place to direct to Emby, so if current 8096 is not working I would think you would have just as much of a issue on 443.

Happy2Play

It would appear 443 arrives at your ASUS AiCloud.

rayrayvenom

I think the underlying issue is with the router somewhere but not sure where. It is a Asus GT-2900.

Happy2Play

Can you go over your port forwarding configuration on the router.

Happy2Play

That looks correct, only other thing I can think of would the firewall on the system.  Did you apply inbound tcp ports 8096 and 8920?

Also have you restarted the router and machine?

rayrayvenom

I have made sure the rules were correct. I have also restarted the modem, router, and pc.

rayrayvenom

I have tried the connection troubleshooter. I have port forwarding set up but for some reason it seems like the port just wont open.

rayrayvenom

So I downloaded Plex just to test and it seems that the remote connections are working right off the back. Is there any way to use these ports for emby. I really like all the features it has.

I have tried the connection troubleshooter. I have port forwarding set up but for some reason it seems like the port just wont open.

What was the result of each step?

rayrayvenom

External Address: Site can't be reached

Port Forwarding: Enabled

Canyouseeme: Shows port is not open

What ISP and router do you have? Do they allow traffic through this port?

rayrayvenom

Motorola BGW210-700 with AT&T. I have had this working before so I would assume yes 

Edited by rayrayvenom

rayrayvenom

Finally got this working. Could not get the port 8096 to work. If you are having issues try downloading plex and see if remote connection works and if it does use the public port from that. And close out plex from running in the background.

I was thinking of suggesting that. Thanks for the feedback.

Happy2Play

Basically it sound like said ISP might be blocking some ports then.

Basically it sound like said ISP might be blocking some ports then.

Yes that's becoming increasingly more common now.

Happy2Play

Yes that's becoming increasingly more common now.

Might need a note in the Connectivity wiki.