Movie extras not showing up

kaledi
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

Hi. Looks like you put your extras in a folder called "Featurettes" not "Extras".

• Like 1

pauljpowers

Now when I remove one of the movies so there is only one version of the movie in the main folder (in this case, I removed the 1080p), the Extras appear in Emby.

1247438949_BTTF3-folder-mainWith1movie.thumb.jpg.0e2485dcda1386ee0edfed9c33dd3690.jpg

BTTF3 - emby-with extras.jpg

Happy2Play
8 minutes ago, pauljpowers said:

Okay, here are my folder structures for Back to the Future 3. I've also clicked on the video dropdown in the emby screen to show that it lists both versions. But as you can see no Extras are shown in Emby.

2061354650_BTTF3-emby.thumb.jpg.d474035ea44d55dcc31f1d5b47061303.jpg

BTTF3 - folder-featurettes.jpg

BTTF3 - folder-main.jpg

But this is not Emby Automatic multi-version grouping as it does not conform to Emby's naming scheme rules.

Multiple versions of the same content can be stored in a single movie folder.

/Movies
  /300 (2006)
  /300 (2006)/300 (2006) - 1080p.mkv
  /300 (2006)/300 (2006) - 1080p-trailer.mp4
  /300 (2006)/300 (2006) - 4K.mkv
  /300 (2006)/300 (2006) - 720p.mp4
  /300 (2006)/300 (2006) - extended edition.mp4
  /300 (2006)/300 (2006) - directors cut.mp4
  /300 (2006)/300 (2006) - 3D.hsbs.mp4

Each version must begin with the folder name, followed by " - ".

As for folder name I don't believe it matters, but will test again.

In addition to extras, several other sub-folder names are supported:

extras
specials
shorts
scenes
featurettes
behind the scenes
deleted scenes
interviews
trailers

• Like 1

• Solution
Happy2Play
1 minute ago, pauljpowers said:

@Happy2Play Here are all my plugins:

1629334552_Embyplugins.thumb.jpg.15ecf44e026557216337fd82a5e2c23e.jpg

Not sure how multi-versioning is happening then as that naming scheme is not support for automatic versioning.  And if you changed to the supported naming scheme does it work?

Each version must begin with the folder name, followed by " - ".

pauljpowers
17 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Not sure how multi-versioning is happening then as that naming scheme is not support for automatic versioning.  And if you changed to the supported naming scheme does it work?

@Happy2Play It looks like we may have a winner! I re-named both versions of the movies as shown. Both movie versions are in the drop-down once again. The extras didn't appear at first, but after a few minutes, this showed as below. I'm sure it will take more time for the images to appear for the extras. And then I'm assuming the chapters will re-appear at some point, right? Any way, THANK YOU VERY MUCH for your time, patience, and efforts here. Now, I gotta go rename my other movie files. 

853157298_BTTF3-NewEmby.thumb.jpg.11b5b856176262915d03bfd3d6767b66.jpg

Happy2Play
4 minutes ago, pauljpowers said:

I'm sure it will take more time for the images to appear for the extras. And then I'm assuming the chapters will re-appear at some point, right?

Depending on the system it can take some time, as for chapters it will depend on your setting (during library scan or extraction task only).

4 minutes ago, pauljpowers said:

@Happy2Play It looks like we may have a winner! I re-named both versions of the movies as shown. Both movie versions are in the drop-down once again. The extras didn't appear at first, but after a few minutes, this showed as below. I'm sure it will take more time for the images to appear for the extras. And then I'm assuming the chapters will re-appear at some point, right? Any way, THANK YOU VERY MUCH for your time, patience, and efforts here. Now, I gotta go rename my other movie files. 

Are you good now?

If not I can do a remote session with you and help you get things worked out but it sounds like you have things working now.

pauljpowers
2 minutes ago, cayars said:

Are you good now?

If not I can do a remote session with you and help you get things worked out but it sounds like you have things working now.

I'm good now. Thank you @cayars

• Like 1