Stuttering with a 4K HDR remux on direct play

caioeverton
Go to solution Solved by Mkilbride,

bluestang

@@SamES - Q2 2020 according to the LG Forums (ie soon) - but even that is sketchy on what this will actually fix.  There are many disgruntled LG C9 and CX users out there ..

Can you link the LG forum thread on this if allowed?

IamMrZ

Came here looking for an answer to my stuttering playback of 4k video on a LG B7.

TrueHD audio was the problem. Selecting a different track fixed it.

When TrueHD was selected, Emby was doing a remux that eventually failed (or something). Log attached.

With a different audio track selected, no remux.

(edit: log actually attached)

ffmpeg-remux-1fb7d204-3804-4962-859b-af5d68b92eaa_1.txt

Edited by IamMrZ

• Solution
Mkilbride

I recommend WiFi. If you have strong WiFi.

Blew my fucking mind on my LG TV, this expensive ass 1500$ TV...had a 100MBs/ interface, and not 1GB/s, which has been on pretty much every device for almost TWO decades.  I get that most people use Wi-Fi, but I always prefer wired.

The wireless is abit faster and can achieve speeds of up to like 433Mbps  - Provided you have good WiFi. I have UniFi, so I can, but I still go a Shield.

• Like 2

rbjtech

Blew my fucking mind on my LG TV, this expensive ass 1500$ TV...had a 100MBs/ interface, and not 1GB/s, which has been on pretty much every device for almost TWO decades.  I get that most people use Wi-Fi, but I always prefer wired.

The wireless is abit faster and can achieve speeds of up to like 433Mbps  - Provided you have good WiFi. I have UniFi, so I can, but I still go a Shield.

An Ethernet USB Adapter will get you above 100Mbit over Ethernet - see https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/85990-increasing-the-lg-100mbitsec-ethernet-limit-success/

But I have to agree - on an expensive TV, they should just install 1Gig as it IS a bottleneck.  USB 3.0, is not technically needed as USB 2.0 has ample bandwidth but again, for the extra marketing plus, surely it would cost next to nothing for them to include it on a 'top of the range' TV.

• Like 1

Mkilbride

An Ethernet USB Adapter will get you above 100Mbit over Ethernet - see https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/85990-increasing-the-lg-100mbitsec-ethernet-limit-success/

But I have to agree - on an expensive TV, they should just install 1Gig as it IS a bottleneck.  USB 3.0, is not technically needed as USB 2.0 has ample bandwidth but again, for the extra marketing plus, surely it would cost next to nothing for them to include it on a 'top of the range' TV.

One option yeah. Thing is, the difference is pennies to a company of their size, but they're cheap as shit.  Meanwhile, if we want an adapter it's like 8-9$.

caioeverton

I tested this last night watching an Dolby Vision DTS-HD MA remux with bitrate average of 50mbps and peak of 115mbps and it worked flawlessly through Wi-Fi. That's insane, I never in a million years would think WiFi is more stable than ethernet. 

• 8 months later...
vicmanpergar
On 5/17/2020 at 11:51 AM, rbjtech said:

This is the actual solution, along with ensuring u are in direct play, this is, passing directly the stream to the TV, so u can't select an audio channel not passthrough-compatible with the LG smart tv.

That's what I did, and no more problems at all, even with 1:1 digital copies of my 4k blu rays. Just plug this in a USB3.0 on the TV, I don't remember if u have to swith it off, and the back on, and u're ready to go.

However, not all adapters are compatible with the LG, and I heard there can be differences even with the year the TV is from. There's a forum where they talk about this and checked some of them in differents TVs, but it's in spanish.... it seems I can't paste it here so google avpasion + "he comprado el adaptador usb" if u are interested or look for something in english.

I bought this one for my C7, and it's working

https://www.amazon.es/Nano-Cable-10-03-0401-Adaptador-portatiles/dp/B0714FYFVX/ref=sr_1_1?__mk_es_ES=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&dchild=1&keywords=Nano+Cable+10.03.0401+-+Ethernet+Adaptador+de+Red+USB+3.0+(Gigabit+10%2F100%2F1000+Mbps%2C+Nintendo+Switch%2C+PC%2C+portatiles%2C+Windows+10%2C8%2C7%2CXP%2CVista%2C+Mac+OS+y+Linux)&qid=1594122756&s=computers&sr=1-1&tag=avpasion-21

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...