Disabling Playback Interface

Gina66

Gina66

Hey there! I've been using MB3 through Windows Media Center for a few months now and while I totally enjoy it, I'm not liking the new update. Today was the first time I've been able to watch movies/shows on my PC since I changed video cards and I noted the movie icon in the upper right hand corner and that of the playback controls at the bottom. I've seen mixed reviews on it and saw that you could disable it, but it's still showing for me.

The problem I have is I tend to watch WMC in the background, so it's hardly ever full screen, however even in full screen, I get what I think is a very annoying playback options that won't go away. If they went away, I wouldn't care, but they won't and I've disabled the 'enable new playback interface' in options and yet, there it it. Here's what I mean below - 

53b9bf2b2be8b_mb3playback.jpg

Is there anyway to get rid of this?? It makes the movie smaller, even on a 24inch monitor when full screen, and worse when WMC is minimized. Totally understand if people like it, but it would nice to at least have the option to make it go away or at least hide it when my mouse isn't moving on it.

I've also noticed I'm having issues with playback. So far, it's only happened with one movie, but it's never done that before and I've been able to play it just fine on my tv. I noticed others had a similar issue and I'm trying to track down if it's an issue with MB3/Classic, the new video card, or the movie. I do know that because of the size of the card, I think installing it may have knock some components around.

Help is appreciated! Thank you!!

BATTLE DONKEY

U can turn off the overlay in the settings for MBC in the upper right corner (the gear icon)

Edited by BATTLE DONKEY

If you are running WMC windowed and constantly moving the mouse then that is going to be a problem and you'll want to disable this new interface.  Which, you can do in the Playback page of configuration.

For the next release I've made showing the overlay on mouse movement an option so that, if you run in windowed mode, you can turn off just the mouse movement and still use the new interface.

• Like 1