PlayBack Reporting - iOS app

TroyKing

TroyKing

Hello guys, 

just wondering if there’s any plans to get playback reporting to work on the iOS app so it can be used on iPad and iPhone. So far I love the app but have to use safari to just look at some stats. Thanks!

TeamB

Hello guys, 

just wondering if there’s any plans to get playback reporting to work on the iOS app so it can be used on iPad and iPhone. So far I love the app but have to use safari to just look at some stats. Thanks!

What iOS app are you trying to use?

Happy2Play

What iOS app are you trying to use?

With a quick test on my phone your plugin does not show in dashboard drawer and via plugins you get this notice.

"To configure this plugin please sign in to your local server directly"

Emby for IOS 1.9.6

Drawer maybe something with mobile vs say browser as other plugins do not appear there also

Edited by Happy2Play

TeamB

The Emby app

Is this a viewing problem or a playback events not being captured problem.

TroyKing

Yes I can. So it only works on the web browser but not in the Emby app. But since pretty much everything else from the web client shows up and works in the app I figured PlayBack Reporting could also work in the app maybe with a future update.

Other plugins like Reports do show up in the dashboard drawer.

Edited by TroyKing

Happy2Play

There are actually a lot of plugins the have this same issue in mobile apps.  But it looks like almost all third party plugins.

TroyKing

I understand. Thanks for the clarification, I thought it was only a Playback Reporting issue. Hopefully in the future the issue can be resolved

Happy2Play

My guess is it is something in the template, as I would bet they all are using the same example.

TeamB

My guess is it is something in the template, as I would bet they all are using the same example.

No idea, perhaps that is something @@Luke can answer

Happy2Play

More of a FYI, but all of @@chef's plugins do the same, at least the ones I have.

"To configure this plugin please sign in to your local server directly"

rechigo

It's because the mobile apps only allow you to access approved Plugins that are confirmed to abide by device's app store guidelines/policies

Edited by rechigo
  • Like 1

chef

It has to do with the mobile apps not allowing third party plugins inorder to be sold in the App stores.

You'll have to login to the server dash through a browser to gain access.

• Like 1