Wierd issue - plugin development - repeating page containers

Anthony Musgrove
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Anthony Musgrove

I'm experiencing a very weird issue, where my plugin configuration pages are repeating. 

Every time I click on the Scripter-X menu icon, or Actions tab, it just loads a new instance of the Actions configuration page, and leaves the old one in the DOM, just sets it to hidden.

Is this normal behaviour or am I missing something?

Thank you all!

<3

5eaae987118f5_pluginspagesrepeating.png

Anthony Musgrove

The statistics plugin does it too.  Every time you click the menu item, it creates a new instance of the configuration page, and attaches it to the DOM tree, hiding the last one which is exactly the same?

5eaaeac262cd3_statisticsplugin.png

• Solution

Yes it's normal because each will have it's own state. That's why you need to make sure your code only does dom operations from the page level downwards, and never does anything within the full document scope.

• Like 1

Anthony Musgrove

And the playback reporting plugin.  I've noticed it only loads 3 instances, is this normal?

5eaaeb5131668_playbackreporting.png

Anthony Musgrove

Yes it's normal because each will have it's own state. That's why you need to make sure your code only does dom operations from the page level downwards, and never does anything within the full document scope.

Awesome, thank you mate, I'm glad its normal and not something I've done wrong :)

Anthony Musgrove

@@Luke, I'm not sure if you can help me -- but I'm trying to include an external javascript library for the plugin, it's a simple library called SortableJS.

I've tried many, many, many different ways and I've had a solution that works but not reliably.

Is there some type of plugin js function for loading an external JS library?  Or is this not possible?

Thanks mate.

Edited by Anthony.Musgrove

@@Luke, I'm not sure if you can help me -- but I'm trying to include an external javascript library for the plugin, it's a simple library called SortableJS.

I've tried many, many, many different ways and I've had a solution that works but not reliably.

Is there some type of plugin js function for loading an external JS library?  Or is this not possible?

Thanks mate.

Yes take a look at the autoorganize plugin.

• Like 1

Anthony Musgrove

Mate, you are worth way way more money.  That worked amazingly.  I'd been working on this for hours.   That function is a godsent.  Thank you!