Integrate booklets for Music

jsc1205

jsc1205

Would be great if Emby integrated bookets (PDF files, etc) for Music.  For example, CD's usually might contain a booklet with liner notes etc that come with the CD, just like albums might have back the days of vinyl.  I have most of these in PDF and the ONLY place I have ever seen it integrated into a music server type platform is Roon Labs.  Roon is great, but can be expensive.  Here is a link on what Roon does to see what I mean:  https://kb.roonlabs.com/Gallery

Hope this can be added to Emby!

• Like 6

Vicpa

Hi @@Luke

This is on my wish list (although not quite sure where) as well. 

As FYI if you buy music from Amazon (mp3s or auto-rip cds) they sometimes will include the booklet (liner notes for those old school folks) as part of the download. I think iTunes does the same, but can't say for sure. I have attached an example of an amazon digital booklet. 

12 - Digital Booklet Crack-Up.pdf

There are higher things on "my list" but it sure is a cool nice to have :)

Thanks

-vicpa

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, jarome said:

I want this too. Roon does it. 

Can you show a screenshot of what they do? Thanks.

• 1 year later...
jakeg1235
On 11/29/2021 at 12:36 PM, Luke said:

Can you show a screenshot of what they do? Thanks.

Hi Luke, found this thread because I was hoping for a feature such as this myself; it looks like this is an example of how Roon does it, similar to booklet scans on discogs:

This would be a fantastic feature for Emby to add, would really heighten the experience!

4d2fdb0f7638a870cea0bf099cd5a6677d9f6538_2_690x427.jpg

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, jakeg1235 said:

Hi Luke, found this thread because I was hoping for a feature such as this myself; it looks like this is an example of how Roon does it, similar to booklet scans on discogs:

This would be a fantastic feature for Emby to add, would really heighten the experience!

4d2fdb0f7638a870cea0bf099cd5a6677d9f6538_2_690x427.jpg

Which image is the booklet?

jakeg1235
50 minutes ago, Luke said:

Which image is the booklet?

It doesn't look like it's a literal booklet per se, but image by image of the booklet pdf; I'm not able to use Roon on my current setup so I'm not totally sure how they lay it out in the app

• Thanks 1

crusher11

This isn't just a music concern, many boutique Blu-ray labels include booklets with their movie releases. 

• Thanks 1