Artists which match musicbrainz via 'identify' are not matched automatically.

ginjaninja

ginjaninja

Version 3.0.5289.18702

I have an estimate 200 artists with red exclamations on them, not associated to a music brainz id.

not strange in itself, however their names and content match (non ambiguously) music brainz 100%. proven by the fact that when i click  'identify' in dashboard i get a single match on music brainz.

should i expect a scan library task to match automatically?

A refresh on artist, automatically matches. How do i force a  refresh of all artists (not album artists)?

i dont think that the affected artists are showing in the log after a scan library task.

thanks

Edited by ginjaninja

• 3 weeks later...
ginjaninja

deleted library.db and all the cache and ibn\artists

a rebuild fetched all affected artists automatically after this clearout

so it would appear that MB3 wont reattempt a fetch automatically  in all use cases once the libracry or ibn/artists is populated.

thefirstofthe300

Version 3.0.5289.18702

I have an estimate 200 artists with red exclamations on them, not associated to a music brainz id.

not strange in itself, however their names and content match (non ambiguously) music brainz 100%. proven by the fact that when i click 'identify' in dashboard i get a single match on music brainz.

should i expect a scan library task to match automatically?

A refresh on artist, automatically matches. How do i force a refresh of all artists (not album artists)?

i dont think that the affected artists are showing in the log after a scan library task.

thanks

I have been having the same kind of problem. I only have a few artists like this though, not 200. Even identifying doesn't remove the red triangle.

ginjaninja

if you click identify and without input mb3 finds a match then its probably the same issue, otherwise its probably different issue.

give a few examples of artist names not matching.