Episodes not showing

jerren
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Happy2Play

I did, although I thought it double checks against zero values. I'll have to check that.

Was this the update to the TVDB plugin?

This topics appears to have multiple different issues in it now.

Was this the update to the TVDB plugin?

Yes it was.

This topics appears to have multiple different issues in it now.

jerren

So i thought i would check again and now it shows all episodes as missing (yes they are still in the same spot on my disk), well the "special" is still there first, took a screenshot so you could see. Didn't change any settings on my end, so no idea why the change.

post-78695-0-92330000-1589396036_thumb.jpg

Edited by jerren

• Solution

As a test, can you try renaming the series folder, then run a library scan?

• Like 1

xyzzyx

Similar issue here. I thought is me as I am new with emby and maybe I did something wrong there. Scanning and getting metadata for TV series is not working at all for me. I didn't renaming anything, just use files/folders as I found on net. A full season in a folder, other episodes for the 2nd season in separate folders. I know, not the best idea. Good at least the episodes tab is showing all the files (episodes). It is just 1 series with 2 seasons. Wondering how will look this library after I will add more TV Shows. Not a fan of this stuff at all. Once I watched a series, I delete it.

For now I will not open a new separate topic, I will just follow this topic for further ideas/solutions. Excluding of course the renaming or organizing the files/directories in some strict manner. And sorry to say or compare with other applications: plex displays the series and the seasons properly, with all show and artists metadata. Bottom line it looks there is no app to satisfy all requirements and all customers.  Just my 2 cents on this...

jerren

@@Luke Do you mean give it a name different then the series actually has and then identify it? I'm assuming atleast i'll have to identify it, otherwise it won't be able to correctly fill in the metadata. 

EDIT: On a sidenote does Emby rewrite alot of data constantly? I'm configuring a new nas in freenas and i'm wondering if i should let it run on my storage pool or my ssd pool

Edited by jerren

EDIT: On a sidenote does Emby rewrite alot of data constantly?

No it doesn't.

Do you mean give it a name different then the series actually has and then identify it?

Yes exactly. Maybe just something like add an extra space between the series name and year.

jerren

That actually worked @@Luke it shows everything like it would with any other show/season, i named it supern atural 2005 instead of supernatural.

Can i name it back to the way it should be now or does this just confirm a potential fix for you?

Happy2Play

That actually worked @@Luke it shows everything like it would with any other show/season, i named it supern atural 2005 instead of supernatural.

Can i name it back to the way it should be now or does this just confirm a potential fix for you?

This would confirm issue in the database with the original name.  With the new name it is a totally new entry.

If you renamed it back I would assume the issues would return.  As I would bet the item is not totally removed from the database.  But you could test it.

jerren

For the sake of testing i figured i would give it a go. Name is back to supernatural and all season episodes are shown as it should, i even restarted emby to be sure it would persist.

So it seems that all is good? I hope it stays and doesn't go away after an update but we i guess we can't predict that, atleast now i know what to do if something like this happens again. 

Thanks for helping me out!

• 1 year later...
Happy2Play
1 hour ago, JERRY1 said:

I having this issue with several shows

orig.jpg

Can you provide a server log and the folder and naming scheme for this example.

Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, JERRY1 said:

folder is tv shows

naming the originals s01e01

embyserver.txt 154.08 kB · 0 downloads

Nothing in the log, and nothing related to "The Originals".

Without breaking it down with structure, naming scheme, library type it is guess work.

Does removing, scanning, readding the series make it show correctly?

This is how my folders are set up..tested the various files on plex just now  they worked there.Think i will do a fresh emby server install if i have time over the weekend

sho.jpg

sho1.jpg

Edited by JERRY1