Unable to connect to emby server using android and ios devices

homelabsol

homelabsol

Hi Expert. Im new to emby. I created my windows emby server and its working properly on my side. I created the user and downloaded the emby android application and its working as well from.multiple devices using vpn connection. I asked some of my friend to test if they can able to connect to my emby server using their computer and android/ios devices. Some of my friends are able to connect on both pcs and android devices. However, 3 of my friends who are trying to connect to my emby server are experiencing a problem using android phone. They cant login to the server. They cant connect to my internal ip address using their android, while using pc, they can able to access my emby server.

Is there any limit with the android devices per user? Why others are unable to connect using android devices but they dont have an issue connecting to my emby server using their pc? I purchased the monthly subscription to test the emby apps functionality before purchasing the lifetime subs. Do u think i missed some configuration in the emby server? I dont have any issue with port forwarding as some of them are able to access my emby server using their desktop and android devices. Also, before i forgot, 1 of my friend was not able to connect using ios device while its working on their pc. Can u please help me on this? I gave them a vpn connection going to my emby server

post-638430-0-88284700-1588169870_thumb.jpg

Edited by homelabsol

Hi, so these users are outside your local network? Have you tried turning off the vpn?

homelabsol

Hi Luke, thanks for your response. All of these are outside of my network using vpn connectivity. Its very weird here because 80 percent of my test users are able to connect to my emby server using both their android and Desktops, except for iOs devices. Those 20 percent users that cant connect to my server are android and ios users. However, when they try to use their laptop, they don't have any issue connecting to my emby server. All of these users are using my VPN as i don't want to publish it to externally. Attached is the server log from yesterday.

Edited by homelabsol

homelabsol

Hi Luke, any update on this? By the way, i tried to install Plex Media server on the same server where my Emby media has been installed. 2 of my testers on different location using their data and home wireless connection which they are also connected with my vpn service, both of those users are able to login to iOs devices without an error. So it seems the problem here is your iOS emby application. Can you help me what would the problem of connecting to iOS? Appreciate your update

homelabsol

Hi Luke,

As mentioned on my updates, some of my testers are not able to connect to my emby server using iOS. Let me give you this, if you have 3 devices, like iOs, Android and Desktop. Android and Desktop are able to connect to my emby server without an issue. However, connecting to iOS is the problem. Same configuration and procedure has been done. Also, we tried it using please iOS and we didn't encounter this problem. So any clue? The firewall is off that's why users are able to connect to my server. 

homelabsol

Hi I tried again this morning to connect to my Emby server using my own ipad and i got this error

2020-05-07 10:18:46.053 Info HttpServer: HTTP GET http://192.168.254.20:8096/emby/system/info/public. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 13_3 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) CriOS/81.0.4044.124 Mobile/15E148 Safari/604.1
2020-05-07 10:18:46.056 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 200 to 192.168.30.2. Time: 3ms. http://192.168.254.20:8096/emby/system/info/public
2020-05-07 10:18:46.125 Info MediaProbeManager: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Process exited with code 0
Edited by homelabsol

homelabsol

Currently i fixed it. I used the https and put the pfx. Before im using vpn and roted al the traffic to my local. However if i used that method, not all my testers can connect to it. Thats why i decided to use https